Why do I find AC blades uncomfortable?

This is really frustrating me! I find Artist Club style blades very tuggy and rough. I feel every hair being pulled. So far I've used a Mongoose, Hawk and now the El Jefe. They all feel like this. Horrible. I can only think it's the blades. So far I've tried Feather Pros, Supers and Kai Pinks.

I have no issue with the GEM blades in my 1912. They're like a hot knife through butter - I don't feel a thing. Injector blades are also good for me. It's like all AC blades on my face feel blunt. Obviously they're not blunt but they aren't half uncomfortable. Weird.

Anyone any ideas? :confused:

This is really frustrating me! I find Artist Club style blades very tuggy and rough. I feel every hair being pulled. So far I've used a Mongoose, Hawk and now the El Jefe. They all feel like this. Horrible. I can only think it's the blades. So far I've tried Feather Pros, Supers and Kai Pinks.

I have no issue with the GEM blades in my 1912. They're like a hot knife through butter - I don't feel a thing. Injector blades are also good for me. It's like all AC blades on my face feel blunt. Obviously they're not blunt but they aren't half uncomfortable. Weird.

Anyone any ideas? :confused:
1.Maybe change up your pre shave routine.
2. Maybe try a different pack of blades
3. ???

Guess I could change the pre shave treatment I use. Either oil or EJ preshave. But I have no issue with either of these preshave treatments with any other method of shaving.

I have two other AC blades to try, a Kamasori and Kai standard. If I get the same rough shave then I guess I'm just incompatible with AC blades.

1.Maybe change up your pre shave routine.
2. Maybe try a different pack of blades
3. ???

That is really puzzling, as the AC blades are the sharpest on the planet. This means they will cut a hair with the minimum of effort or pressure. I give the example of cutting bread with a really sharp knife and a dull one. The sharp knife will be a pleasure to use while the other one will be a pain in the (you know where). Are you sure you are not pressing the razor against your skin? It could also be the angle you are attacking the stubble. Ride the cap and find the angle and come back to us with the results.

No there's nothing wrong with my angle. I've experimented with that. The Hawk has a very small angle at which it will cut effectively. The El Jefe has a wider angle of cutting. Both feel horrid!

That is really puzzling, as the AC blades are the sharpest on the planet. This means they will cut a hair with the minimum of effort or pressure. I give the example of cutting bread with a really sharp knife and a dull one. The sharp knife will be a pleasure to use while the other one will be a pain in the (you know where). Are you sure you are not pressing the razor against your skin? It could also be the angle you are attacking the stubble. Ride the cap and find the angle and come back to us with the results.

Yes I remember reading some of those threads. Wouldn't mind reading them again but not sure which forum they were on.

There's something odd about these AC blades!

A Few Years Back when the New Mongoose was All the Rage there were a Mega Number of Threads about AC Blades..Some Folks Just Never Got on with them..A Lot of Folks..I Mean a Lot..:)

Billy

Whither Folks Like it or Not these Blades were Not Designed for a Safety Razor..Some are Stupid Mild, Some are Crazy Sharp & the Guards for Example are a Joke..The Feather Pro is the Best One of the Lot but they are Too Sharp for Many..They Require a Very Light Touch or You are in Trouble..I Like the Feather Pro..:)

Billy
They seem quirky, sensitive to some aspect of razor design I haven't sorted. I could use a Super in the General, a Pro in the Hawk , but switch them and I hated them. In the end I sold all three of the AC blade razors I had.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Guess I could change the pre shave treatment I use. Either oil or EJ preshave. But I have no issue with either of these preshave treatments with any other method of shaving.

I have two other AC blades to try, a Kamasori and Kai standard. If I get the same rough shave then I guess I'm just incompatible with AC blades.
The best

Whither Folks Like it or Not these Blades were Not Designed for a Safety Razor..Some are Stupid Mild, Some are Crazy Sharp & the Guards for Example are a Joke..The Feather Pro is the Best One of the Lot but they are Too Sharp for Many..They Require a Very Light Touch or You are in Trouble..I Like the Feather Pro..:)

Billy

I have tried many AC blades and i always come back to the feather pro.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom