What are the three shaving items that you purchased in 2017 that were a hit and which were a miss?

Merkurologist

LeJog 2022 Finisher
We are a little over 6 weeks away from the new year so a good time to look back and see where we did well spending our hard earned cash and where we failed. .... it's always interesting to read that somebody's disappointing purchase is another person hit purchase :)

I have purchased a lot of shaving gear and I'm mostly happy with all my purchases but my top 3 items are:
Giles Brush Scuttle. It was supposed to be a Christmas present but I couldn't resist myself and put it to the test.... then used it everyday since :)

Another hit was a Celebrated Honing Stone. This little stone really gave a new life to my straight razor shaving. It's a finishing stone and that is all I wanted, a stone to refresh my SRs and keep them in top sharpness. They are very easy to use and they are great little stones.

My last hit for this year is any of the 4 Stirling Finest badger brushes I bought... 2x26mm and 2x24mm. I also bought 2 Razorock 400 and 3 Maseto but for me the Stirling have the edge.

Now for the disappointing items:

A few soaps weren't up to my expectations but if I have to name one I'd say Tiki Go West. ... and I have 2.... don't ask why lol

The biggest disappointment by far was a spray atomiser for my proraso AS.... absolutely a waste of money.

So what are your hits and disappointments for 2017?

Hits:

- Weishi and EJ DE89 razors.
- Nivea sensitive shaving cream (for some reason, i can get better lather, easier, compared to Proraso).
- Omega 80266 (the bleached bristle is probably the secret, makes the tips softer).

Miss:
- Arko (i tossed it after 1 use, because of scent).
- TOBS Sandalwood (tossed it after approx 10 uses because of scent).
- BIC Chrome Platinum (only blade that i had 3 weepers in one shave and roughest shaves ever. Tossed 13 of them).

Back
Top Bottom