Vintage Gillette Super Silver - Made in England - Can anyone date?

Hi Chaps

I was lucky and managed to buy a full card of Gillette Super Silver, made in London. These seem very rare, can't find any for sale, and I can't find any info on these cardboard tuck packaged versions.

All the Super Silver I've seen before has been packed in the plastic dispensers. I was wondering if these are perhaps a later version. Can anyone help give a rough date on these? 80's maybe?

Anyone used this particular version? Thoughts?

Really want to try one out, but I think it would be a heck of a shame to break a full card! I know collectors would curse (and I would probably regret it too!). What do you guys think? :) If I could find a single one to try out i'd much prefer to do that instead!

IMAG1652.jpg IMAG1653.jpg IMAG1654.jpg

Great thanks for that! Interesting to know! I guess quite a late UK blade then

Anyone here shaved with one? Or maybe have one I could buy? Don't want to break into these ones!

Great thanks for that! Interesting to know! I guess quite a late UK blade then

Anyone here shaved with one? Or maybe have one I could buy? Don't want to break into these ones!

You're welcome. IMO the Super Silver is the old Gillette Super Stainless, aka "Spoiler", but with a different name for the Euro market. Yes, I have used a Super Silver and it is IMO as aforementioned and a great blade. Open a tuck & try one. ;)

Thanks Bogeyman, info appreciated! I have used a French Gillette Platinum and it was superb, so high hopes for these. Looks like all NOS Gillette stainless blades are great!

I'm trying to source a single one of these English ones to try out. If I don't have any luck then I might just have to crack one open lol :)

1971, they shave like a dream

k1utQh9.jpg

bqMSlgJ.jpg

L1vwDzR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom