Unscented Shaving Soap

Can anyone recommend me a good one ?

I'm not really one for scents and have quite sensitive skin so would like to get a soap to suit.

I do like the sound of the luxury soaps like TOBS, DR Harris etc but not sure if they do one right for me,

I don't really have any clue about good or bad soaps so would really appreciate you guys learned opinions

Thanks

Matt

TOBS Jermyn street collection is meant to be formulated for sensitive skin and there is not much scent. They also do a shaving cream for sensitive skin. DR Harris say their eucalyptus cream is good for sensitive skin.

http://www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/index.php?id_product=495&controller=product&id_lang=2

Martin De Candre is very good. I have the scented version and it is a very good product. Lasts forever. A few people I know with sensitive skin or allergies use the unscented version.

Lea is an excellent soap with a very mild scent, one of my favourites. You could grate a couple into a bowl if you dont want to use it as a stick.

http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/shaving-soaps/507-lea-shaving-soap-stick-50gr.html

Looked on Nanny's and TOBS just before posting this and completely missed both of those, need to go get my eyes checked me thinks, they both seem good, as does the Lea...

unfortunately Martin de Candre is out of my price range

Hiya,

I know about nothing when it comes to unscented soaps/creams, so I may be way off in my thinking. Can't say I've even sniffed more than 1-2 at the most, and that was years ago.

So if a product is made to be unscented, it doesn't mean there's zero scent to it. Whatever the ingredients are, some or most of em would probably have some sorta fragrance, no matter how mild. So even though there's no fragrance added, it seems to be built in to some degree. Am I wrong here?

So if that's true, I would think a very very mildly scented product with a pleasant scent would be more desirable to most people. Maybe a very light soapy scent for example. Just a little something to disguise whatever the real scent's like.

Martin

Then you should probably start by identifying your price range :) Maybe try Palmolive stick, keep it unwrapped for a few weeks and it will lose most of its subtle scent.

Missed that bit out didn't I, Good idea with the Palmolive stick, but I don't think its necessarily the scent that I'm sensitive to, more so the essential oils which give it the scent.

Anyhows I've contacted a few of the soap companies, one suggested that I should be OK with glycerine based soaps as they are quite mild, and I either have the option of using unscented stuff, normally with goats milk in them, stuff with 'healing oils' like myrr and lavender, or those which contain don't contain any of the EU declarable allergens.

Scentfromheaven do pretty good glycerine soaps, they have unscented version too (as I get a bit of irritation myself from their FOs). Anyway, if it's not the scent that's the problem, I will as usual recommend Speick cream/soap.

Back
Top Bottom