Two completely different GEM Micromatic Open Comb base plate model

G'day TSR,

I've noticed something very strange about the GEM Micromatic Open Comb if you can see two round bumps on each end of the base plate, I've also notices on the Bullet Tip as well and they've got two round bumps on each end shown. My question is why the gold GEM Micromatic Open Comb doesn't have to two bumps shown on each end, because I began to understand the GEM blade will be completely flat on the base plate. Has anybody can tell the differences between shaving performance on each GEM razor, or do they both shave exactly the same regardless of the two bumps as shown below.

IMG_0103.jpg

Thanks for the heads up @Electrif cause I was a bit worried ;)
Aye..What I Wrote there is Spot On in that Thread..There has Been Much Bull Written about these Bumps Historically..Mostly from the B & B Brigade..The Razors Shave the Same..The Bumps were Put there to Utilize the New Gem Double Edged Blade that I have Used..That has Zero Spine..Thats How I Know..With a Modern Gem Blade its Neither here Nor there..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Aye..What I Wrote there is Spot On in that Thread..There has Been Much Bull Written about these Bumps Historically..Mostly from the B & B Brigade..The Razors Shave the Same..The Bumps were Put there to Utilize the New Gem Double Edged Blade that I have Used..That has Zero Spine..Thats How I Know..With as Modern Gem Blade its Neither here Nor there..:D

Billy

Thanks @Fergiebilly :);):cool:......Here you go cowboy have a baby pork chop :D:p

sXasgrh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom