Treet Hercules

Has anyone bought a Treet Hercules DE razor? Shaving Station is selling them for £3.99. I can't find a review anywhere. Treet Corporation is based in Lahore, Pakistan, and they make lots of different types of razor blade, and disposable razors. So far as I can tell only the "Hercules" is reusable. It looks a lot like a Tech:

http://treetonline.com/product/treet-hercules/

I'm thinking of getting one. I live a long way from my office and occasionally get stranded, and need to stay overnight. I have an emergency change of clothes and washbag in my desk drawer. I was thinking of this instead of a Mach 3.

At £3.99 it's nearly £2 more than the Chinese Future Clone that may or may not arrive from Malaysia one day, but I like my 1970s Gillette Tech and this might be similar.

To be honest I'm just trying to think of excuses to buy another razor. Getting one of these would also justify getting another shaving brush, soap, etc. - more shopping opportunities.

If the Hercules is indeed a decent Tech copy, for £3.99 it's got to be worth a punt.

Any experience with this one, anyone?

Excellent find...a friend of mine started DE shaving in 2016, the same time as myself ,but it wasn't for him so he kindly gave me his shaving kit, amongst the kit was this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-T...765134?hash=item36038c5f8e:g:450AAOSwnNBXbJQW
Rather light in weight, but does it deliver a good shave..if you like your Gillette Tech copies,then this is a razor to consider, it's performs excellently . Regards. :)

Last edited:
I've ordered the Treet Hercules. I'll let you know what it's like. It will be very interesting to compare it with a Tech. (It was, of course, essential to qualify for free postage, so I also got a RazoRock Plissoft 24mm brush, a very cheap Omega brush, and a RazoRock German 37 slant razor. I've never shaved with a slant razor so that will be... interesting.)

Palmolive Fox's post arrived just as I was posting mine. For £1.15 I've bought the Chinese Tech copy. It will be interesting to compare that with the 1970s aluminium Tech I've been shaving with this week - and which is great. With the Treet, the Chinese Future copy, and the Chinese Tech, I've have 3 new razors for under £10. I'm not really on a budget but I can't resist a bargain! I will get such a lot of grief from Mrs Rubbish-Triathlete. She asks unreasonable questions like "do you really need all of these?" and "will you ever stop buying these things?"

Excellent find...a friend of mine started DE shaving in 2016, the same time as myself ,but it wasn't for him so he kindly gave me his shaving kit, amongst the kit was this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-T...765134?hash=item36038c5f8e:g:450AAOSwnNBXbJQW
Rather light in weight, but does it deliver a good shave..if you like your Gillette Tech copies,then this is a razor to consider, it's performs excellently . Regards. :)
Having never heard of Chinese razor copies only a few days ago; they are racking up now :eek:

The Treet seems reminiscent of the Boots DE. Think it was discontinued a couple of years ago. Good price!

The Treet Hercules arrived and I shaved with it today, with a new Astra SP blade, Arco soap and Vulfix 404 brush. In brief, it is light and quite cheaply made, but shaves very much like my Gillette Tech. I am not sufficiently expert to say whether it is different from a Tech with any confidence, but I had a sense that it is more aggressive. I didn't cut myself at all and I had very little stinging from the alum bar (about the same as usual) and probably slightly less redness immediately afterwards - possibly because I was so careful with the new razor being an unknown quantity.

For £3.99, I think it's superb value for money. But I am much more interested in quality than value; I couldn't differentiate the outcome of the shave from the Muhle R89 or the Gillette Tech. It feels lighter and cheaper, but it works just as well.

I'm pleased with my purchase and would recommend it as an everyday razor or - as I intend - as part of an emergency overnight wash bag.

I ordered a £1.15 Chinese Tech copy and will be able to do a direct comparison of super-cheap razors then. I'm also one of many who has ordered a Chinese Futur clone, so I'll have three new razors bought for less than £10 combined.

The £1.15 Chinese Tech arrived today. Really nicely packaged in branded, retail plastic-on-card blister pack, wrapped in foam bubble-wrap, in a plastic envelope. It's incredible to think that this is £1.15 including postage from China. A blade is included in the packet; I might give the blade a miss.

It looks - I haven't used it yet - just like the Treet Hercules or a plastic handled Gillette Tech. Assuming it shaves the same, which I'll find out at the weekend, it's an amazing bargain.

I think it's fun to try to find the cheapest, good quality, shaving kit. This, the Omega S-brush, Nivea Sensitive ASB and Palmolive soap stick are all on the candidate list. I wonder which blades offer the very best value?

The £1.15 Chinese Tech arrived today. Really nicely packaged in branded, retail plastic-on-card blister pack, wrapped in foam bubble-wrap, in a plastic envelope. It's incredible to think that this is £1.15 including postage from China. A blade is included in the packet; I might give the blade a miss...

Don't, as it is an excellent blade. ;)

The £1.15 Chinese Tech arrived today. Really nicely packaged in branded, retail plastic-on-card blister pack, wrapped in foam bubble-wrap, in a plastic envelope. It's incredible to think that this is £1.15 including postage from China. A blade is included in the packet; I might give the blade a miss.

It looks - I haven't used it yet - just like the Treet Hercules or a plastic handled Gillette Tech. Assuming it shaves the same, which I'll find out at the weekend, it's an amazing bargain.

I think it's fun to try to find the cheapest, good quality, shaving kit. This, the Omega S-brush, Nivea Sensitive ASB and Palmolive soap stick are all on the candidate list. I wonder which blades offer the very best value?
If you want value but still a great shave you can't go far wrong with Astra SP blades, you can find for just £8.50 for 100 blades on eBay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom