This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour De Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Sports and Pastimes' started by Glen_Lee, Friday May 4, 2018.

1. Glen_Lee

Glen_Lee

Hello,

Interested to know if anyone enjoys the Tour De Yorkshire?

I enjoy cycling, but are also lucky enough to live in a town which thus far, has featured each year in addition to the Tour De France.

For me I love the organisation that goes into the event. How the Police like to show off, get involved and the sheer amount of folk that turn out to watch the race. The ITV coverage is excellent - full on presenters from the Tour De France and the aerial footage really shows off the County.

Makes me even more proud as a Yorkshireman :)

Richard

Blademonkey likes this.
  2. I like the pageantry but I'm not that bothered about the racing I'm afraid, might walk over and have look on Sunday for the giggle though.

Glen_Lee likes this.
  3. Apparently I will be blocked in on Sunday by the race and the associated bike ride so ...

Glen_Lee likes this.
  4. Sabre

Sabre

If it's anything like the Tour de France, I will give it a miss. 30 seconds of cyclists preceded by self absorbed promotional personnel with grown ups fighting over cheap baseball caps.

5. Ooh! cheap baseball caps! Defo going now...

Sabre and shaunwistow like this.
  6. An event that's growing in stature in the cycling calendar. Thumbs up from me

Glen_Lee likes this.
  7. pjgh

pjgh

Free flags, and all!

Well played to Gary Verity for this - it certainly puts us on the map.

Like you @Count of Undolpho we were blocked in last year as the race literally flew through Shibden. Really fun atmosphere for a good few hours beforehand then whooosh, all done. I had no idea it would be so much fun!

Enjoy, folks!

Count of Undolpho and Glen_Lee like this.
  8. Glen_Lee

Glen_Lee

One of my favorite places, Sutton Bank via The Yorkshire Post:

[​IMG]

9. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

10. Sabre

Sabre