Thoughts on the Feather Super Professional blades?

Hi chaps

I have my first straight on the way - a Birthday present! It's a Feather AC SS. I have been looking at blades and it appears that most people go for the Feather Pro blades, but the Schick P blades have been getting very good reviews too. I've got a pack of each on the way from Ebay.

What tickled my interest in the Super Pro's though is that they are the sharpest blade (or they are longer so there is more exposure), and obviously we all love something that is EVEN sharper! I wonder if it's the danger element?!

Do people find them too much, too sharp?? I'm intrigued by them but don't want to invest in a pack too lightly as I already spent more than I should have on the other blades! Shame you can't buy just a couple at a time!

Hi chaps

I have my first straight on the way - a Birthday present! It's a Feather AC SS. I have been looking at blades and it appears that most people go for the Feather Pro blades, but the Schick P blades have been getting very good reviews too. I've got a pack of each on the way from Ebay.

What tickled my interest in the Super Pro's though is that they are the sharpest blade (or they are longer so there is more exposure), and obviously we all love something that is EVEN sharper! I wonder if it's the danger element?!

Do people find them too much, too sharp?? I'm intrigued by them but don't want to invest in a pack too lightly as I already spent more than I should have on the other blades! Shame you can't buy just a couple at a time!
PM incoming :)

I have never tried a shavette, only straights, so I have no way of knowing how the super pro will behave. What I can tell you is that the super is longer than the pro, so in an SE razor it will definitely feel sharper because of exposure, even if as sharp as the pro. I have some that I used once with my SE's but I don't have a mild SE to try them on. My first ever attempt on them was with the RX, which gave a BBS in 2 passes, but felt like if I made the slightest error, it would cut me badly.

I have never tried a shavette....

Haha yes I kind of like that scary feeling, it gives a nice sense of accomplishment when you successfully complete a shave without slicing yourself to ribbons lol

I like the sound of some of the SE razors mentioned in this thread, but i've got so many DE razors now, my hobby is just going to get even dafter if I go down yet another road, maybe I should sell up some things!!

The Feather Lights are the shortest AC blade, then the Proguards and Pro's, then come the Supers.

If you had a Feather DX, you could adjust the aggressiveness by starting with the Lights then progressing to the Supers.

The SS head is milder than the DX and the Lights will be useless as there is not enough blade exposure to get a shave.

I would suggest the Super in an SS will be like a Pro in the DX.

IMO the Pro is the best blade of the lot.

(Not tried the Schick yet)

I use the Feather Super blades every single day. I am a 4th gen barber in my family business.
Those blades can cut through any facial hair! With a light touch they can shave the most sensitive skin with no irritation while also mowing through facial hair resembling steel wool.
Basically you can't go wrong.

I use the Feather Super blades every single day. I am a 4th gen barber in my family business.
Those blades can cut through any facial hair! With a light touch they can shave the most sensitive skin with no irritation while also mowing through facial hair resembling steel wool.
Basically you can't go wrong.

Awesome, that makes me very excited to try them :) Bet your shaving skills are Super Pro level too!

Back
Top Bottom