Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Schick Type E 1 Injector
NOS Dutch Super Stainless Injector Blade New
Hans Baier Silver Tip Badger
Haslinger Honey Tallow Soap
Thayers Original Witch Hazel
Logona Mann Aftershave Balm

I had My First Shave with my Newly Acquired Schick Type E 1 Injector today with an NOS Dutch blade..I had 2 days of whiskers to cut down & went for the Money Button BBS Dolphin Smooth Shave..I have heard it said that there is No such thing as the perfect shave..;)

Well..Maybe Aye..Maybe Hook Eye..Cause I am sitting here with an All Over Dolphin Smooth Result..I don't mean form North to South & form East to West neither..I mean in every Darn Direction.:eek:

The Type E 1 has Half a Millimetre more Blade Exposure than the Coveted Type E 2 that Opens as you can see in the 3rd Pic..The 4th Pic down shows that is has an Identical Blade Exposure to my Black Handle Canadian Type E 5 which is also a Rare Bird..The Canadian Type E 5 is the Most Aggressive Injector that I own..The Type E 1 is far more Forgiving though..I can only put that down to the Smooth Comb other than that its a bit of a Mystery because the Blade Gap is Identical as Well..:rolleyes:

So the Type E 1 is More Aggressive than the Type E 2 that Opens but its as Smooth as the Type D..The Type E 1 has a Square Spring the same as the Type D..It was the only Type E with a Square Spring & like the Type D was only made for a Few Months..The Type E 1 is actually a Lot Rarer than the Type D & the Type F for that Matter & they are Rare Birds as Well..:eek:

Like the Type D the Type E 1 can lead you into a false sense of security because its so smooth that doesn't feel that aggressive..I can get away with some pressure with the Type D with the same Blade Combo..Not with this Bad Boy..I would have Had to use a Cut Down Feather Pro in my Type E 2 to get anything Near as Effeciant as the E 1..No Bones about that One..It does make some sense to me Now where the Canadian Type E 5 gets its Blade Exposure from..They have Utilized a Type E 1 blade Exposure & changed it to a Ridged Comb & of Course a Round Spring with No Lugs..o_O

What more can I say except that its the Dogs Danglies..:D

Billy

Last edited:
DSC_0253_zps3n8r0bfl.jpg

DSC_0251_zpseiewobap.jpg

DSC_0255_zps0eqjc2eq.jpg

DSC_0257_zpsfmjttvto.jpg

DSC_0252_zpsgedoyjt0.jpg

Schick Type E 1 Injector

I had My First Shave with my Newly Acquired Schick Type E 1 Injector today with an NOS Dutch blade..I had 2 days of whiskers to cut down & went for the Money Button BBS Dolphin Smooth Shave..I have heard it said that there is No such thing as the perfect shave..;)

Well..Maybe Aye..Maybe Hook Eye..Cause I am sitting here with an All Over Dolphin Smooth Result..I don't mean form North to South & form East to West neither..I mean in every Darn Direction.:eek:

The Type E 1 has Half a Millimetre more Blade Exposure than the Coveted Type E 2 that Opens as you can see in the 3rd Pic..The 4th Pic down shows that is has an Identical Blade Exposure to my Black Handle Canadian Type E 5 which is also a Rare Bird..The Canadian Type E 5 is the Most Aggressive Injector that I own..The Type E 1 is far more Forgiving though..I can only put that down to the Smooth Comb other than that its a bit of a Mystery because the Blade Gap is Identical as Well..:rolleyes:

So the Type E 1 is More Aggressive than the Type E 2 that Opens but its as Smooth as the Type D..The Type E 1 has a Square Spring the same as the Type D..It was the only Type E with a Square Spring & like the Type D was only made for a Few Months..The Type E 1 is actually a Lot Rarer than the Type D & the Type F for that Matter & they are Rare Birds as Well..:eek:

Like the Type D the Type E 1 can lead you into a false sense of security because its so smooth that doesn't feel that aggressive..I can get away with some pressure with the Type D with the same Blade Combo..Not with this Bad Boy..I would have Had to use a Cut Down Feather Pro in my Type E 2 to get anything Near as Effeciant as the E 1..No Bones about that One..It does make some sense to me Now where the Canadian Type E 5 gets its Blade Exposure from..They have Utilized a Type E 1 blade Exposure & changed it to a Ridged Comb & of Course a Round Spring with No Lugs..o_O

Billy
Billy, i wondered what that writing was all about on the 3 ive got :p

Billy

That must be your score of a lifetime. That is incredible.
Do you have the whole Schick lineup now?
Well..I have the Whole G Type Line Up & would have had the Whole Type E Line Up as well but I recently got rid of My later Type E 2s and E 3s & the E 4 that I had...The E 3 & E 4s didn't agree with me..There are few that have a Type E 1..Its an Incredible Score for Sure..I have been looking for one for a Long Time..:D

Billy

...I have been looking for one for a Long Time..:D

Billy

I am curious as to where you found this rare puppy in the U.K. as over here they are rarer than a temperate Rock star. I'd like to have one, but I am sure based upon your description that it would be too aggressive for my tastes. I have seen a few E 2 models on the Bay, but have not bought one. So, you are saying that the E 2 model shaves like the successive G 1 model?

DSC_0253_zps3n8r0bfl.jpg

DSC_0251_zpseiewobap.jpg

DSC_0255_zps0eqjc2eq.jpg

DSC_0257_zpsfmjttvto.jpg

DSC_0252_zpsgedoyjt0.jpg

Schick Type E 1 Injector

Billy
Great write up. I'm not envious......

Yes I am :)

I am curious as to where you found this rare puppy in the U.K. as over here they are rarer than a temperate Rock star. I'd like to have one, but I am sure based upon your description that it would be too aggressive for my tastes. I have seen a few E 2 models on the Bay, but have not bought one. So, you are saying that the E 2 model shaves like the successive G 1 model?
There were 4 Type E 2s..The 1st Type E 2 Model was the One that Opened like the Type E 1 Above as Long as it has a Round Spring..Not Square..o_O

As Mentioned above the Type E 2 is a Tad Less Aggressive that the Type E 1.The Later Type E 2s are Milder Again..I have Brought a Lot of Injectors in from the USA including this Rare Bird..:)

Billy

DSC_0253_zps3n8r0bfl.jpg

DSC_0251_zpseiewobap.jpg

DSC_0255_zps0eqjc2eq.jpg

DSC_0257_zpsfmjttvto.jpg

DSC_0252_zpsgedoyjt0.jpg

Schick Type E 1 Injector

Billy
Great write up & photos Billy. Really enjoyed. Always like your Schick history lessons.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom