The Personal Style of Bryan Ferry

My mother used to listen to Roxy Music in the 70's, so I guess Brian Ferry has aged a lot since then, so that nowadays he hasn't much choice than waiting for models to come to him in fact...

My mother used to listen to Roxy Music in the 70's, so I guess Brian Ferry has aged a lot since then, so that nowadays he hasn't much choice than waiting for models to come to him in fact...
Ouch.

The two Roxy shows I saw in '74 were among the best gigs I've ever seen. Maybe your mom was there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ah, but ( super ) models can smell the assets ... ask Sir Philip Green. Just make yourself available on one of your multi milion pound yachts and you'll be beating them off with a stick !

JohnnyO. o/

"My mother used to listen to Roxy Music in the 70's, so I guess Brian Ferry has aged a lot since then"

And so did I, and I too have aged a lot since then.

Ouch.

The two Roxy shows I saw in '74 were among the best gigs I've ever seen. Maybe your mom was there.

"The two Roxy shows I saw in '74 were among the best gigs I've ever seen"

I've seen the band, and Ferry individually many, many times. The best for me must have been the Koko Club (formerly the Camden Palais) in 2005. Close enough to see the stitching on Bryan's jacket.

"I wouldn't bother trying to chat up models. Let them come to you! I think pretty girls above a certain standard in beauty are sometimes so spoilt you're wasting your time. Find a good cook instead."

Thanks for that advice, Bryan. As a rule, I don't bother trying to chat up models either.

The full interview in GQ can be read here.
In the words of Jimmy Soul: "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life. Never make a pretty woman your wife...Get an ugly girl to marry you..."

For your mum, Cristobal.

"Time spent well is so rare..."

My earliest memory of Roxy Music is when I accompanied my mum to buy Avalon, vinyl version (I must have been 8).

Avalon_album_cover.jpg

More recently:

"The two Roxy shows I saw in '74 were among the best gigs I've ever seen"

I've seen the band, and Ferry individually many, many times. The best for me must have been the Koko Club (formerly the Camden Palais) in 2005. Close enough to see the stitching on Bryan's jacket.
They're fabulous musicians. I prefer them as a rock band rather than their Avalon-y lounge sound.

Back
Top Bottom