The new Darwin razor by Bullgoose.... Interested?

Posted by Phil tonight:

"I have been wrestling with whether or not to announce the new Asylum project but figure...what the heck. We will be releasing a double edge razor that is a tribute to the vintage Darwin Standard razor. We are shooting for early March but, you know how that goes.

The DE razor will be called the Asylum Evolution razor and it will be machined from 303 Stainless Steel. Due to the idiosyncratic design of the razor, it will not accept other handles.

Here are a few pictures of the CAD models."

2chb22w.jpg

jj5zq9.jpg

qrx3qw.jpg

14jqofl.jpg

2zoi0xl.jpg

54zq52.jpg

Interesting. Must be a trend to dig into the past for new ideas. First the Fine Superlite (which only partially counts because it was made of ABS), then the RR German 37, then the PAA Bakelite Slant and Prismatic, and now the Darwin. I just hope this is not another $230 small batch production like the RX. The good part about it is that I don't have any interest in getting one.

Interesting. Must be a trend to dig into the past for new ideas. First the Fine Superlite (which only partially counts because it was made of ABS), then the RR German 37, then the PAA Bakelite Slant and Prismatic, and now the Darwin. I just hope this is not another $230 small batch production like the RX. The good part about it is that I don't have any interest in getting one.

I love the look of the Darwins but, I do agree with you, I don't see myself stressing out about getting this one.
The BBS-1 still reigns supreme...for now.. :)

Back
Top Bottom