The first time ever I caught your hand...

Hi folks

Well here it is my first shave of the day with the Artist SS Club (folding).

Firstly thanks to Aaron for a fuss free transaction of the sale and delivery of the razor and blades.

Onto the shave:

Prep:

Lab series facial wash.
BBA oil ( thanks Emma).
Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar cream.
Semogue 820 boar brush.

Post shave:
Alum block.
Trafalgar balm.
And a lie down....

Deep breath, lathered up and looked at the artist ss (thinking of going to my jagger).

I figured three days growth was a place to start as I rarely have more than that).

I've been watching videos on taking your time, blade angle, etc so off we go.

Wife fills me with confidence saying she wants to watch (masochist, she never usually does) and asks is my insurance up to date?...

Short strokes all going well when I take the razor down and catch my knuckle on the other hand (how the hell did I do that?) it bleeds and bleeds...

The rest of the shave (as I was undeterred ) was very good and smooth. I cannot do a shave left handed so will have to seek advice. Under the neck was also an issue as I couldn't judge /determine the blade angle.

Second pass, relathered and away we go.
No not this time, the trusty jagger with the new voshod blade came out for the second and touch ups.

Impressions.... this is a great bit of kit once you have the confidence to use it.

Not put off, but will need to practice with it like most people.

Any tips greatly received.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all.

Taking it apart to clean was easier than putting it back together(!)

Regards

Mark

Sounds like s good first outing, despite the rapped knuckle.

Muscle memory comes into play when using straight-style razors. You can gain this with your left hand if you please but some people simply use one hand to shave.

As for bits which you can't see properly, that will also come easier with muscle memory but some will pull the skin towards a place easier to see. The same can be done to angular areas such as the jawline or similar.

Keep up the good work, Mark!

Hi Benz3ne

Thanks for the inspiration!

I'm used to rapped knuckles the wife usually assists there (What another shaving cream!).

The shave itself was generally ok, it is a learning process and advice from here and youtube clearly benefitted the process.

I remember when I started with a DE it was much the same.

I'll update when I shave with it again.

Have a great Sunday all

Regards
Mark

Back
Top Bottom