TGN vs Shavemac help with picking new knots

I currently have a rubberset 400-3 with a TGN HMW 3 band fan knot, I bought it with the knot already set...I haven't had any problems with it, it's soft on the face but maybe a little floppy and not all that dense. I have also got another recently acquired rubberset 400-3 handle and have been looking at shavemac and considering a new knot for each, one in a 2 band slivertip and one in a 3 band...bit undecided on bulb or fan as I'm also looking at getting a Morris & forndran 2 band fan in the 30mm ! Anyone with experience of the shavemacs that could offer some help would be much appreciated

I have a variety of shavemacs, finest, 3-band, 2-band and 2-band unique. Although my preference is for the knots with lesser backbone, ie, finest and 3-band, I don't think you can go wrong with any shavemac knot provided you know the characteristics of each; there is a chart on the shavemac website in the knots section showing the different characteristics of each hair type.

I have a variety of shavemacs, finest, 3-band, 2-band and 2-band unique. Although my preference is for the knots with lesser backbone, ie, finest and 3-band, I don't think you can go wrong with any shavemac knot provided you know the characteristics of each; there is a chart on the shavemac website in the knots section showing the different characteristics of each hair type.
Thanks for your reply, think the reason TGN 3 band I have already is a little floppy is the height the knot is set at but having said that I'm not sure I want too much backbone as I do have a few SV soaps and MDC's but other than that it's creams and croaps. Definitely got my eye on the shavemac 2 band think it's DC01 but a little unsure whether it's worth swapping the other from a TGN 3 band to a shavemac 3 band, I don't find the density of the TGN that great think if this would be improved with a shavemac I'd be sold tho. It's good to get the opinion of somebody who has tried and tested shavemac as I have no experience with them at all.

Cheers buddy

Back
Top Bottom