6de3ceaf246e9959d327e995188050e7.jpg

Hot shower
Ever Ready silver badger
Gibbs Sport soap
US Tech
Vintage Wilkinson Sword blade (3)
OSP Bay Rum AS sample
Al Fares EdT

Ready for a Canadian barbecue this afternoon :)

Last edited:
Musgo Glyce soap,
Kiehls Lite Flite shaving cream,
New Forest Silvertip shaving brush,
Muhle R89 razor with Astra SP blade,
Nivea balm,
Cartier Declaration EDT.

Nice shave, had some Asta blades in the stash for couple of years, just used for the first time this week, very smooth and forgiving blade, the Personna reds could be on the way out ! Have a good weekend gents.

Sat 5th March
Kent Infinity
Nivea Original Cream
British PAL Adjustomatic Injector
Schick Chinese [ 6 ]
Alum Rub / Aqua Velva A/S

Hard to believe that this little razor packs such a performance. It just shaves so smoothly and efficiently
and the finish is really good. How people stopped using this in favour of cartridge razors, must be one of life`s mysteries.

IMG_0367.jpg

Hot shower
Ever Ready silver badger
Gibbs Sport soap
US Tech
Vintage Wilkinson Sword blade (3)
OSP Bay Rum AS sample
Al Fares EdT

Ready for a Canadian barbecue this afternoon :)

Greetings
I've never been a fan of barbecued Canuks I much prefer Septic Tanks or Aussies they seem to have so much more flavour however Y.M.M.V.!

Regards
Dick.

Last edited:
2vmhlk6.jpg

Prep: Quick rub down with a damp flannel
Bowl: £1 china 'nibbles' bowl
Brush: Nasty Wilkinson Sword bristle (determined to get my money's worth!)
Cream: Proraso 'white tube'
Razor: The ever faithful EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge yellow

Bit of a misfire at the start of this shave ... Didn't realise how concentrated the Proraso was, so ended up with a bowl full of really stiff, gloopy lather that the razor couldn't get through and clogged instantly. Thinned it down, all good. Faint scent of 'something' vaguely familiar but not perfumed as such. Fairly quick, and very easy, 2 and a half pass shave (just needed some ATG on my tricky areas), zero injuries as usual. The Yellow blade worked nicely, they seem to work better in milder razors. Very nearly a BBS, but noticed a few odd whiskers after I'd cleaned up, so demoted to a DFS+ :)

SOTD 20160305

NQnNkvp.jpg

- TFS Tabacco Verde Forte shaving soap and ASB
- Custom synthetic brush
- Black aluminum SSSeygus with extra long (10 cm) handle
- Treet Platinum (7)

My SSSeygus together with the extra long handle.
The Treet blade for the 7th time, still going strong.
Had a pleasant shave again, with DFS++ result.

Have a nice weekend, gentlemen ! :cool:

Satin Mongoose
Kai Captain (4) *
Proraso Green Shave Cream
Omega Boar
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Paul Sabastian Aftershave

* This is the original Kai Captain blade not the newer mild. Might be the best blade on the market Extremely smooth and sharp

3 days growth to mow down!
Arko Stick
Whipped Dog 24mm Custom Synthetic
Schick E
NOS Personna Platinum [1]
Old Spice AS
Melizia Uomo Vetyver
25158410449_3f310fefb6_c.jpg

OMG the Schick is wonderful! I was a little concerned at first as the head appears a little loose, with a gap at one end:
25230332300_bc4773d9f7_c.jpg

What do you think @Fergiebilly?

Anyway the shave as astounding! Aggressive little chap and the stubble was no match- one pass was DFS, but as it was its first run out it got 3 passes, very little AS sting and a DSS!! Superb!

SOTD 5/3/16

Hot towel, @phoenixandbeau Unscented, Body Shop Synthetic, Mongoose B3 Satin, Feather Pro (2), Cold Towel

Another sublime shave was achieved today. The P&B Unscented was my first foray into their range (via the UAT samples), and it continues to show itself as one of the best soaps in the world in my humble opinion. It is not so much a soap, more a heavenly entity sent down to caress your face. There is more glide than one could ever need, more cushion than the HSE would demand in a childrens play area, and a post shave finish that other manufacturers can only dream of. This, coupled with the Feather loaded Mongoose, has given me the best shave I've ever had the pleasure to give myself. No drama, no pomp or circumstance, just a perfect shave.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_89679d1604c84649b969d8b112f032f9.jpg

Normally I give my face a rest at weekends and allow it to recover, but I couldn't resist a shave this morning.

Preshave: Warm Shower
Soap: Wickhams Super Smooth Spice Trade
Brush: Simpson's Colonel
Razor: Gillette Superspeed circa 1950
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Post shave: alum block
Aftershave: Tabac Balsam

0969bac6a0b6396feacdd0da571e2da8.jpg

I was doing fine until I committed my cardinal shaving sin: I had a third pass, I'm now being punished by razor burn on my right cheek. Aside from that was a great shave; this was my first shave with the colonel, it's now my favourite brush. Second time using the Wickhams Spice Trade, really easy to lather, lots of lubrication and lasted 3 passes + wonderful face feel afterwards, in fact my face was so good I was tempted not to use aftershave!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom