Birch Tar Soap
RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Green Soap
Semogue 2012 Special Edition Badger/Boar Brush
GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf with a shimmed GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Lacura Moisturiser
Oudh Khalifa EDP

A busy very long day today in Cardiff, finishing with the Royal British Legion Festival of Rememberance in St David's Hall. No room for mistakes so I went with a shimmed Clog Pruf for a smooth irritation free 3 pass BBS shave:)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

4GMMqKG.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Razorock Mamba SS
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Mike's Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

SOTD: 4th November 2017.
1A.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Wrights Cold Tar Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

face Lather.

Soap : Van Der Hagen.

Blade: Treet Platinum. (1)

Razor: Merkur 37C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lavender+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Superdrug ~ Sierran Breeze A/S.

Tesco ~ Sensitive Body Lotion.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend, it's been a since i last used the Van Der Hagen soap, not the best start to my weekend shave, i had to work at it to get a decent lather however, i got there in the end though, i'm use to using tallow based soaps at the moment, and find that glycerine based soaps take more work to achieve a good lather sometimes.YMMV..

The Merkur 37C/Treet Platinum Combo also struggled together on the first pass,which felt tuggy,maybe it was my technique?, but the following passes and pick ups pass seemed to smooth & even the shave out.

Sometimes blades are better on the second pass, this was the case with the Treet Platinum, of which i've never had this problem with before,maybe i got a dud blade?, anyway All was not lost though, a respectable shave was still achieved with no errors to report.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt171104.jpg

Ah! Today I've done Fougére Gothique,
Employed my Vie-Long silvertip,

And Edwin Jagger Double Edge.
Had no fierce pains, thanks to red Tüff.

Now here I am, a fool for sure!
Much smoother than I was before.

:D

But I must say I wasn't entirely happy with the soap, more specifically with the technical aspect of lathering it. It's my first Reserve-base soap in a full tub rather than a sample size, and it's very soft. So much so that only two swirls, in the brush already started pushing lumps of soap around. Other soft soaps I know (L&L, Black Ship Grooming) are much easier to handle. Is this normal? Do I have to use this like a proper cream, or should I leave it open to dry out for a few days?

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 4th November

Prep ~ face wash with Mysore Sandlewood soap
Razor ~ Blackland Sabre
Blade ~ Gem SS
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Soap ~ Pre de Provance
Brush ~ Brad Sears ~ Gonzo silvertip
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Leather Oud ~ Christian Dior

A fantastic shave with a fantastic razor and blade, the soap produced a great protective lather with plenty of slip N slide and left my skin with a fab post shave feel. Smooth skinned and feeling good. My daily BBA PSB followed by a liberal spray of the fabulous Leather Oud by Christian Dior.......good to go! :)

Have a great weekend but let's be careful out there.....:)

Sat 4th November
Vulfix 404 mixed
Speick Active
Gem OCMM-Brass
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

The amount of regrowth indicated that yesterdays Shave with the ER Natural Angle was not the tops.
Todays selection was unlike the ER, as it is acknowledged as one of the most aggressive SE Razors around - the GEM OCMM.

Whilst I have learnt not to rush a shave with the OCMM, I find it rather awkward using on the upper lip and chin as I feel it rather tuggy and ready to bite. Todays Shave went well with no mishaps, and there is no disputing that the finish attainable with the OCMM is very good. Though I applied Alum , it was not needed and I found the Red Tuff very pleasant to use as no alcohol sting.

IMG_0386.jpg

Last edited:
Morning Shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
OSP Barbershop.
Maseto 30mm Finest (face lather).
Gem Micromatic Flying Wing.
Gem (3).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Fine Green Vetiver Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.
Guerlain Vetiver EDT.

Another thoroughly enjoyable shave with the Flying Wing. Three comfortable passes for BB smooth. I will now move on to another little treasure the generous @Boru62 has kindly lent me. Have a great weekend chaps.

Saturday 4th November
Zenith 507 TS
Nivea Originals Cream – Mentholated
Ever Ready 1912
GEM SSC #5
Alum Wash
Cold Rinse
Alcolado Glacial Splash
Neutrogena Comfort Balm
iPPzfoA.jpg

That was the most cooling shave I've had in a long time. I think the menthol powder I added to the tube of Nivea cream a few months ago has developed a much stronger effect over time.
The 1912 confirmed its superiority again producing a lovely close shave. I'm smooth and comforted.

Morning Shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
OSP Barbershop.
Maseto 30mm Finest (face lather).
Gem Micromatic Flying Wing.
Gem (3).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Fine Green Vetiver Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.
Guerlain Vetiver EDT.

Another thoroughly enjoyable shave with the Flying Wing. Three comfortable passes for BB smooth. I will now move on to another little treasure the generous @Boru62 has kindly lent me. Have a great weekend chaps.
I feel it's my duty to spread the word for these magnificent shaving machines.

Back
Top Bottom