SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

SOTD: 27th January 2018.
+i 9.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/Cien ~ Pure Fragrance free Bath Soap Body Wash. & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic .

Face Lather.

Cream: Groomed Moisture Zone .

Blade: Voskhod (1)

Razor: Parker 24C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Aloe Vera Gel.

Duru ~ Mandarin Cologne.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend,It's been a while since i last used the parker 24C,and forgot how smooth this non-aggressive ,but efficient open comp razor can perform. It paired up wonderfully with the voskhod blade resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. A superb shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Duru ~ mandarin Cologne.

My face is super smooth & smelling wonderful.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt180127.jpg

- De Vergulde Hand
- Balea Bristle
- Merkur 42c with ASP blade
- Isana Dark Ocean aftershave

:)

This was a bit of a nostalgic shave. The humble Balea was my very first brush, and I still like to take it for a spin every once in a while. The TVH cream and the Merkur I both got during my first year of wet shaving. It is my understanding that the TVH cream is no longer being produced (and has only been produced for a few years), which is a real shame. The clean scent is very similar to the TVH soap, somewhere between laundry and ocean, and the lather quality is pretty much impeccable. And one habit I have kept since the beginning is my penchant for using cheap aftershave - to this day I have never paid more than ten bucks for a bottle (although I do own a few more valuable ones now which I traded or purchased lightly used via BST), which leaves me with more money to spend on brushes and soaps... ;)

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Saturday 27th January 08

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Valet closed bar
Blade ~ Feather
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann - Lavanille
Brush ~ Razorock Silvertip Synthetic
Post ~ Barrister And Mann - Lavanille Aftershave
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky EDT

I think this soap will be one of those marmite soaps as far as the scent goes, I love it.....its earthy and leathery with a touch of Lavender, Cedar and dirty vanilla. The soap is dark brown and lathers up to a light brown, to me the scent is fab and the aftershave splash to match.
I used my trusty Valet closed bar for the shave and as always it performed wonderfully. A great all round shave finnished off with the last of my Guerlain Jicky EDT.

Have a great weekend people .........:)

Last edited:
Morning shave.

BBA Face Wash
Alvarez Gomez Barberia Shaving Cream
Semogue Owners Club Cherry Boar
Little Wren Pottery
Rockwell 6C (plate 4)
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
OSP Lemon and Cedarwood Aftershave Tonic
Alvarez Gomez Barberia EDC

I fancied a touch of Spanish sunshine in my shave this morning. This cream is just so good. Have a great weekend gents.

Saturday 27th January

Birch Tar Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre shave Cream
Palmolive Shave cream with added Birch Tar and Cade EO
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Semogue 830 Boar Brush
Gillette TTO A1 Razor with a Treet Durasharp Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Arko Sensitive ASB
Denim Original AS

Last night I found 3 vintage Gillette razors in an old box which has travelled with me over the years. It is only proper for me to give them a run out.
A very nice shave indeed. This razor is milder than what I am accustomed to. I had to struggle to avoid applying pressure. However 3 passes and some buffing gave a very smooth shave indeed:) It will be interesting to see how long this lasts!

Have a great weekend!

View attachment 32881 ~SOTD~ Saturday 27th January 08

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Valet closed bar
Blade ~ Feather
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann - Lavanille
Brush ~ Razorock Silvertip Synthetic
Post ~ Barrister And Mann - Lavanille Aftershave
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky EDT

I think this soap will be one of those marmite soaps as far as the scent goes, I love it.....its earthy and leathery with a touch of Lavender, Cedar and dirty vanilla. The soap is dark brown and lathers up to a light brown, to me the scent is fab and the aftershave splash to match.
I used my trusty Valet closed bar for the shave and as always it performed wonderfully. A great all round shave finnished off with the last of my Guerlain Jicky EDT.

Have a great weekend people .........:)
What do you think of the RazoRock BC, Paul? I find I'm almost exclusively using the RazoRock synths. S.

What do you think of the RazoRock BC, Paul? I find I'm almost exclusively using the RazoRock synths. S.
I like it well enough, but synths will never replace natrual hair brushes for me but because of the soap I was using today and it's ability to dye natrual hair brushes I thought I would use one of my Synths. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom