SOTD: Saturday 22nd - Friday 28th December 2018.

Date: 22 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Cherry Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Vintage Williams Mug (tallow version)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette New LC attached to iKon Bulldog / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Saturday 22nd December

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso Sandalwood Preshave
Proraso Sandalwood Soap
Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Synthetic Brush
Weishi 2.0 Adjustable (3,4,5) with a Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum Blade
Alum and Rinse
Thayers Witch Hazel
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Proraso Sandalwood AS

First use of the Weishi2.0 Adjustable...and I was pleasantly surprised. In use...it reminds me of the Parker Variant. DFS+ after 2 passes and BBS in 3. Its early days yet......but so far I like it.

I would wish you all a good weekend....but I imagine that like me you will be spending the 2 days engaged in the urban warfare known as Christmas Shopping.

Today's shave:

rdt181222.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Promises
- Semogue Owners Club Badger
- Rocca V1 with ASP blade
- Isana Free Space aftershave

:)

SOTD : 22nd December 2018.

60.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. /bloom water

Brush: Omega S10065.

Face & Head Lather

Soap : MWF.

Blade: Gem PTFE.(3)

Razor: Ever Ready 1912 (USA)

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Bulldog ~ Original Moisturiser.

Superdrug ~ Sierran Breeze ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...

Face Shave & Head Shave.

Yet again another enjoyable effortless 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report. The MWF, ER razor & Gem PTFE blade worked together superbly. A very comfortable head and face shave.

I keep yarping on how the Ever Ready SE razors are amazingly smooth & efficient, which i highly recommend every traditional wet shaver to shave with one if giving the opportunity to do so.

A effortless superb BBS shave...It's near the end of the month again for my head shave,my previous head shave was with the Ever ready 1924, so for my 'Christmas head shave of 2018 i've used the 1912 (USA) which i've mentioned before was kindly gifted to me by fellow member @patw , if it wasn't for him i wouldn't have been introduced to the wonderful world of Vintage Single Edge Razors..The verdict.?

As with all my monthly head shaves i started with a weekly 'No Guard' buzz cut with my wahl hair clippers had a shower, bloomed the MWF in warm water for 5 minutes , then wet my head with the left over bloom water,from my face shave then rubbed the MWF into my head like a shave stick then created a wonderful slick protective lather, adding water to the tips of the brush inbetween each pass.. The E.R. 1912 cut through my remaining hair follicles with ease, after 2 wtg passes + atg & pick up pass my precious Swede was dolphin smooth with no irritation or errors.

Thank you yet again pat, for the introduction to vintage Ever Ready Single Edge razors ,which have been my traditional wet shaving pleasurable experience of 2018..A awesome pleasure.:)

Another 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous Splash of Superdrug ~ Sierran Breeze ASL.

My face & head are feeling smooth, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD : 22nd December 2018.

View attachment 40232

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. /bloom water

Brush: Omega S10065.

Face & Head Lather

Soap : MWF.

Blade: Gem PTFE.(3)

Razor: Ever Ready 1912 (USA)

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Bulldog ~ Original Moisturiser.

Superdrug ~ Sierran Breeze ASL.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...

Face Shave & Head Shave.

Yet again another enjoyable effortless 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report. The MWF, ER razor & Gem PTFE blade worked together superbly. A very comfortable head and face shave.

I keep yarping on how the Ever Ready SE razors are amazingly smooth & efficient, which i highly recommend every traditional wet shaver to shave with one if giving the opportunity to do so.

A effortless superb BBS shave...It's near the end of the month again for my head shave,my previous head shave was with the Ever ready 1924, so for my 'Christmas head shave of 2018 i've used the 1912 (USA) which i've mentioned before was kindly gifted to me by fellow member @patw , if it wasn't for him i wouldn't have been introduced to the wonderful world of Vintage Single Edge Razors..The verdict.?

As with all my monthly head shaves i started with a weekly 'No Guard' buzz cut with my wahl hair clippers had a shower, bloomed the MWF in warm water for 5 minutes , then wet my head with the left over bloom water,from my face shave then rubbed the MWF into my head like a shave stick then created a wonderful slick protective lather, adding water to the tips of the brush inbetween each pass.. The E.R. 1912 cut through my remaining hair follicles with ease, after 2 wtg passes + atg & pick up pass my precious Swede was dolphin smooth with no irritation or errors.

Thank you yet again pat, for the introduction to vintage Ever Ready Single Edge razors ,which have been my traditional wet shaving pleasurable experience of 2018..A awesome pleasure.:)

Another 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous Splash of Superdrug ~ Sierran Breeze ASL.

My face & head are feeling smooth, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Glad to know that your getting the best of shaves with the razor, B.

Cheers buddy :)

Last edited:
Saturday 22nd December 2018 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower / Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso White Pre Shave cream
Brush:- Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Cyril R Salter Solid Shaving Soap
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6c R3/ Gillette Green (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Extro Mare aftershave / Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EdT:- Next Nuit

e275931ab71f0ca715dfd6aa9417312c.jpg

All going well this is the start of a well earned break (if I don't say so myself!). I had a good few days growth this morning and really took my time to unwind and try for a great shave. I'm so looking forward to this time off.

The result......worth every second!

Recently I've been cutting corners, mostly due to work taking over and having to rush out at times. When at home I've only really had time to say hello to the Missus and kids then head straight to bed. I've missed out steps here and there - giving my face a good scrub or using pre-shaves. This hasn't had much of an impact of the final result, other than I just don't feel as pampered as usual...it's probably just in my mind, but I notice these silly wee things

Today I took my time with everything. I had a 3 pass shave without incident, which in my book is a great shave! I used Cyril R Salter Solid Shaving Soap for the first time and it gave a nice smooth feel. Thanks to @Blackmass yet again! [emoji1303] a nice clean scent which had me enjoying myself.

Finishing off with the Extro Mare aftershave, Barts Balm and Next Nuit EdT has me grinning from ear to ear. Smoother than glass!

Talking of which....cheers to everyone here! Hope you have a great weekend prior to Christmas and Santa brings you all some super sharp presents!

Enjoy folks!

Saturday 22nd December 2018 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower / Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso White Pre Shave cream
Brush:- Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Cyril R Salter Solid Shaving Soap
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6c R3/ Gillette Green (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Extro Mare aftershave / Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EdT:- Next Nuit

e275931ab71f0ca715dfd6aa9417312c.jpg

All going well this is the start of a well earned break (if I don't say so myself!). I had a good few days growth this morning and really took my time to unwind and try for a great shave. I'm so looking forward to this time off.

The result......worth every second!

Recently I've been cutting corners, mostly due to work taking over and having to rush out at times. When at home I've only really had time to say hello to the Missus and kids then head straight to bed. I've missed out steps here and there - giving my face a good scrub or using pre-shaves. This hasn't had much of an impact of the final result, other than I just don't feel as pampered as usual...it's probably just in my mind, but I notice these silly wee things

Today I took my time with everything. I had a 3 pass shave without incident, which in my book is a great shave! I used Cyril R Salter Solid Shaving Soap for the first time and it gave a nice smooth feel. Thanks to @Blackmass yet again! [emoji1303] a nice clean scent which had me enjoying myself.

Finishing off with the Extro Mare aftershave, Barts Balm and Next Nuit EdT has me grinning from ear to ear. Smoother than glass!

Talking of which....cheers to everyone here! Hope you have a great weekend prior to Christmas and Santa brings you all some super sharp presents!

Enjoy folks!

The Cyril R Salter tallow soap is one of the best bargains in shaving. It punches well above it's price. Thanks for the tag and I hope you enjoy your break and have a great Christmas with your family.

Cheers
Rob

Sat 22nd Dec

Jayaruh No67
Vitos Super Red
King Cobra
Kai Captain Pink Mild [ 1 ]
Alcolada Glacial A/S Splash

I am still on a learning curve with the KC, and today reverted to the original handle and use of a Kai Blade. I liked the less aggressive feel of this blade in the Razor, and it shaved quite smoothly but still with a nice degree of blade feel. I was in the main pleased with the overall finish quality of the Shave, except around the lower jawline. However, this is an area where
I invariably have problems with most Razors , so it is not a great problem.

IMG_0301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom