SOTD : Saturday 21th April - Friday 27th April 2018.

SOTD: 21st April 2018.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Cool Kick Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077 .

Face Lather.

Soap : Tabac.

Blade: Dorco Titan Stainless.(1)

Razor: Yaqi DOC Cap/ r41 bottom plate/24C Handle. (Frankenrazor.)

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Aloe Vera Gel.

Tabac A/S Lotion.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

Every friday i pick out my sotd set-ups for the coming week i'm always attracted to using my tabac duo, but i hardly add this classic german product duo not because i've lost my passion for it no, because i know each time i do use them it's makes it a very pleasurable experience..From my first use of Tabac products i was instantly swooned by it's old school fragrance, and could quite happily use it with every shave, but that would become tedious and make it a mundane routine, which traditional wet shaving should never become...I know some members of this forum have 'love/hate opinions on tabac products The smell isn't everyones cup of tea which i totally understand, but for me personally,the fragrance of shaving soaps sticks,&creams is not terribly important ,what is important to me is the shaving performance, slickness & protection equally to that the product doesn't cause irritation to my skin, which to be honest my skin type hasn't had a reaction to the soaps or creams i've used so far.

The fragrance comes second , besides once you've rinsed your face after the shave the scent is virtually gone anyway ,' ...For me on a personal note Tabac pushes all my buttons what i like in a shaving soap and a/s,and for that reason alone it will always be welcome in my shaving den.

First maiden shave with the dorco titan stainless blades, the verdict?

A excellent match with the frankenrazor set-up yet again, sharp efficient & smooth, mowing through my stubble efortlessly..i'm not sure how many shaves they will deliver..at a guess maybe 3-4.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth efficient shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of classic tabac a/s lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt180421.jpg

- Denim Original
- Balea Professional
- Parker Variant with ASP blade
- Denim Original aftershave

:)

The Denim cream comes in a really cheap plastic tube, which broke the third or fourth time I used it, so I put the cream in a sturdy container instead. Much better this way!

SOTD: 21st April 2018.

View attachment 35006

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Cool Kick Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077 .

Face Lather.

Soap : Tabac.

Blade: Dorco Titan Stainless.(1)

Razor: Yaqi DOC Cap/ r41 bottom plate/24C Handle. (Frankenrazor.)

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Aloe Vera Gel.

Tabac A/S Lotion.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

Every friday i pick out my sotd set-ups for the coming week i'm always attracted to using my tabac duo, but i hardly add this classic german product duo not because i've lost my passion for it no, because i know each time i do use them it's makes it a very pleasurable experience..From my first use of Tabac products i was instantly swooned by it's old school fragrance, and could quite happily use it with every shave, but that would become tedious and make it a mundane routine, which traditional wet shaving should never become...I know some members of this forum have 'love/hate opinions on tabac products The smell isn't everyones cup of tea which i totally understand, but for me personally,the fragrance of shaving soaps sticks,&creams is not terribly important ,what is important to me is the shaving performance, slickness & protection equally to that the product doesn't cause irritation to my skin, which to be honest my skin type hasn't had a reaction to the soaps or creams i've use so far.

The fragrance comes second , besides once you've rinsed it your face after the shave the scent is virtually gone anyway ,' ...For me on a personal note Tabac pushes all my buttons what i like in a shaving soap and a/s,and for that reason alone it will always be welcome in my shaving den.

First maiden shave with the dorco titan stainless blades, the verdict?

A excellent match with the frankenrazor set-up yet again, sharp efficient & smooth, mowing through my stubble efortlessly..i'm not sure how many shaves they will deliver..at a guess maybe 3-4.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth efficient shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of classic tabac a/s lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
+1 on the Tabac range.

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Vulfix 404 Boar/Badger
Cream: Rose of Bulgaria
Razor: WS Sticky
Blade: Gillette Nacet

IMG_20180421_082317.jpg
The weekend has just got off to a very smooth start thanks to the Sticky and Nacet combo.
I was going to finish the shave of with just the RoB ASL when I remembered the Witch Hazel kindly piffed to me by @Acer89, thanks James :)
Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited:
Saturday 21st April

Lavender Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Wickhams 1912 Parma Violet Soap
New Forest 2222 HMB Brush
Yaqi Single OC Razor on a Damascus Steel Handle
Astra SP Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Butterfly Florida Water

It is a beautiful day outside....so I decided to shave accordingly!
The scent of the Parma Violet was wonderful. I really should use smaller brushes more often. They take longer to do the job so the perfume is appreciated for longer as well!
Butterfly Florida Water is quite powdery as well as floral. A perfect accompaniment !

Three passes for a superb shave:)
Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Last edited:
Saturday 21st April
Vig shaving 28 Synth
Chinese Cologne Soap
S/S General
Schick Proline P #11
Alum Wash
Fonex Gummy Lavender Cologne
Astral Moisturiser
numFr0T.jpg

Bought another Chinese cologne soap, bulked them both together and melted them into a spare tub. It gives good performance and leaves my skin feeling good. So I'm feeling great 'n' smooth.
A superb shaving set up!..+ 1 on the Chinese cologne soap & Fonex Gummy Lavender Cologne, both excellent products, which are great favourites of mine.;)

~ SOTD Saturday 21st April 2018 ~

Pre - Shower / Hot Towel
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - YaQi 24mm Highmountain Silvertip
Soap - RazoRock Acqua
Post - Rinse / Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aftershave - Davidoff Cool Water
tuxpi.com.1524241651.jpg
nice shave to start the weekend the polsilver and the 38c are a perfect match only needed 2 passes and a little bit of buffing on my chin & neck and I'm Smooth , first use of my new YaQi brush today all I can say is wow its excellent feels super soft worth every penny I'm a happy shaver .......... Have a great weekend People :)

Back
Top Bottom