SOTD : Saturday 20th October - Friday 26th October 2018.

Date: 20 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

SOTD : 20th October 2018.

24.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my Head & face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia.

Face Lather + Head Lather.

Soap : Proraso White Sensitive.

Blade: Ladas Super Stainless .(1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s (Settings) Face:3-wtg,3-xtg,3-atg +pick ups.

Head: 3wtg,3,atg3 +pickups.

Cold Water Head & Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Benjamins ~ Mentholated bay Rum.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Head Shave...After my weekly 'no guard' buzzcut with my Wahl hair clippers,it was time for my monthly head shave, first time i'd used the ming shi 2000s for a head shave, so i wasn't sure what the result was going to be..the verdict?.. Absolutely brilliant.This razor alone has improved my shaving confidence and technique multitude...After the+pick up pass,i was 'Kojak smooth', i never thought in a million years i would use such an efficient razor for a head shave, all my good preparation,& practicing my technique has gave me the confidence to do so.A very comfortable no-irritation/error-free silky smooth head shave.

Face Shave...A new shave set up to start the weekend...I haven't used the russian made Ladas S.S. blade for a while due to reaching for my regular favourites today it matched up with the Ming Shi 2000s superbly resulting in a wonderful 3 pass + pick silky smooth shave for both my head & face, with no errors to report.

Out of the three proraso soaps i have in my den the white soap bowl is the least that i have used, not because i prefer the green & red, purely because in the past i've always went for the other ones.Today it provided me with a good protective lather, the scent is a love/hate personal preference, i actually don't mind the scent but, the scent of a shaving soap or cream isn't a big issue for me, what's more important is it's shaving performance all of the proraso soaps & creams i've tried have been excellent, the white today, was no exception.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of aloe vera gel.

Both my head & face are feeling silky smooth, & smelling devine.;)
clear.png

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur 41c
Blade: Polsilver Łódź

IMG_20181020_092507.jpg
The 1904 is a very mild razor but more effective than it lets on.
The 1470 is my favourite Semogue brush, soft but with plenty of backbone, just right for face lathering.
The Stirling soap doesn't have four numbers but it rates more than four out of five in my book.
So, all in all, a smasher of a super smooth Saturday shave.

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Oleo Soapworks Windy City Barbershop
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Cocobolo
Christopher Bradley Karve D Plate
Aussie Spoiler (1)
Fine American Blend Aftershave
Rive Gauche Pour Homme EDT

It was nice to have the Karve back after its visits to those discerning gentlemen @Boru62 and @Blademonkey. I'm pleased that they both agree with me. It's a great razor. The soap was purchased as a result of one of those quite afternoons at work when I think to myself “I'll have a little browse at Maggards”. Fatal really. My initial assessment of the soap is very favourable, and it's a good match for the aftershave/EDT combo. Have a great weekend gents.

Saturday 20th October

Heno Pravia Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oat Pre Shave
Nanny's Warm Spice Traditional (Tallow) Soap
Yaqi 24mm 2 Band Badger Brush
Muhle R41 (2011) Razor with a 7 O'Clock Permasharp
Alum and Rinse
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Old Spice AS

2 passes for a BBS finish. It would have been tempting fate and totally unnecessary to have attempted a third.
The shave passed the alum test and I am very pleased with the result.

Enjoy your weekend!

20 October

Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Semogue 610 boar
MÜHLE R89 with iKon bulldog
Feather Hi-stainless
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica asl

B1F835DF-C433-476A-B590-FFFDFBFBFC13.jpeg
Superb two pass Saturday shave. Semogue brush is improving nicely. R89 with Feather blade was comfortable and efficient. Soap and aftershave are just fabulous.

Morning shave

Olive Oil Soap
Oleo Soapworks Windy City Barbershop
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Cocobolo
Christopher Bradley Karve D Plate
Aussie Spoiler (1)
Fine American Blend Aftershave
Rive Gauche Pour Homme EDT

It was nice to have the Karve back after its visits to those discerning gentlemen @Boru62 and @Blademonkey. I'm pleased that they both agree with me. It's a great razor. The soap was purchased as a result of one of those quite afternoons at work when I think to myself “I'll have a little browse at Maggards”. Fatal really. My initial assessment of the soap is very favourable, and it's a good match for the aftershave/EDT combo. Have a great weekend gents.

Maggards will be the downfall of all of us.:p

Back
Top Bottom