SOTD : Saturday 19th May - Friday 25th May 2018

Date: 19 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Stick
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #12
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

WOW! I cannot believe my eyes and my own face that the Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge is still going.

[emoji830]️SOTD: 19/05/18[emoji830]️
60cafd096fee6b2a5f54481a77aa44b9.jpg

[emoji831]️1962 Gillette Slim Adjustable [emoji831]️Wizamet Polsilver Stainless (5)[emoji831]️Mervyn Cadman Custom brush[emoji831]️Back Roads Gold Shave Mug[emoji831]️Strike Gold Shave - Kennedy Shave Stick[emoji831]️Fine Vetiver Aftershave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Blackland Sabre L1
Blade ~ Gem Stainless steel
Soap ~ Stirling - Texas On Fire
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Bowl ~ TSR Group Buy
Post ~ M-T Strong an Scottish aftershave ( Sample from @Webbo )
Scent ~ Guerlain - L'Heure Bleue

A great shave to start the weekend off, the Sabre and the Gem blade are just fantastic at mowing down stubble.
The Stirling Texas On Fire is strangely one of my favourite Stirling scents, some don't like it but I guess they don't know a good thing when they smell it!:p As slick as a Texas puddle.
The aftershave was kindly Given to me by @Webbo , cheers A.
Very nice it is too a goes with this soap quite well.
My scent for today is L'Heure Bleue from Guerlain , lovely!

Have yourselves a good weekend in the sunshine.....P.

Last edited:
SOTD: 19th May 2018.

29.Jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Arko Cool.

Blade: Asco Super Stainless.(1)

Razor: Schmidt R10.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon,lime +Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/Aloe Vera Gel.

Arko ~ Cool Cologne.

Greetings,

I've carried on with using blades that have been passed on to me and still yet to try, due to sticking to my usual favourites..

A new shave set up to start the weekend,.second time out with the Asco S.S. blade,i've also made this another 'Shave Cream week' after the fantastic shave i had in my previous shave with the Derby lavender cream,starting the weekend off with another excellent 'turkish delight', 'pardon the pun' the Arko cool cream..

I've mentioned before i'm a great fan of both the arko & derby shave sticks & creams are both equally the same in performance i find the creams in someways better for creating a quick lather the glide, protection & slickness from both creams are amazing leaving a excellent post shave feeling,..It's only recently i've re-discovered my Arko creams & cologne. collection.. I know that some members skin type of 'TSR' forum may have an allergic reaction to these superb turkish made shaving products, which is a great pity, i count myself lucky that i have no skin reaction with either.

The schmidt/asco ss blade, paired together very nicely,another great match, the egyptian made Asco ss blade is superb, like it's very near cousin the shark ss, non-aggressive, but slightly more efficient, & smoother.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth efficient shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of arko ~ cool cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 19th May

Omega 10005
Vitos super red
Alu. General + S/S Handle
Feather Pro [ 8 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Though I prefer heavier AC/SEs, I managed to have a very good shave with the Alu. General. I invested time into the Shave, and after short strokes on initial clearance, was able to use the heavier handle to good effect
in maintaining a light/no pressure action, and enjoyed a trouble free ultra close Shave.

IMG_0092.jpg

~ SOTD Saturday 19th May 2018 ~

Pre - Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash
Razor - Merkur Progress 510 Setting 3
Blade Astra Superior Stainless (2)
Brush - Kent BK8 Silvertip Badger
Soap - Fine Fresh Vetiver
Post - Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aftershave - Fine Fresh Vetiver
tuxpi.com.1526635362.jpg

A Fine Saturday Shave :)

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Boots Travel BB
Soap: LaToja Stick
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Pink
IMG_20180519_093328.jpg

This little brush has performed brilliantly all week.
Did any other high street chains sell shaving brushes? If so, Boots had set the bar very high.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited:
Greetings

Saturday 19th May 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Clog-pruf
Blade: PAL Super Carbon
Brush: TurnNShave Quarter Moon
Soap: Leftovers Mixture
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP: Miller Harris Tangerine Vert

In this shave I used the Quarter Moon knot by TurnNShave and also the Synbad knot and the Tuxedo knot by the APShave Co. so I could more easily evaluate the differences between the three knots. All knots are meant to be 24mm but the Quarter moon is a tiny bit bigger at 25mm.

The actual practical lofts of the knots measured by inserting a cocktail stick into the centre of the knots are: Quarter Moon 44mm, Synbad 45mm and Tuxedo 42mm.

Of the three knots the Synbad is obviously and easily discernible as easier to flex i.e. it is the least stiff of the three. The differences between the other two knots is much less; so much so that you have to use and reuse and change hands a few times to decide, so in real terms very small, IMHO the Tuxedo splays very slightly easier but the Quartermoon felt nicer on the face and spread the lather better because more of the fibres seemed in contact with the face no doubt due to it being a fan shaped knot and not a bulb.

I think I still personally prefer the APShave Co. Cashmere knot the most simply because it flexes more and easier than any of these three.

In conclusion all three of these are very good practical soft tipped brushes, for those liking a bit more flex the Synbad is the first choice. If of course you prefer your brushes to splay even more easily, the Cashmere knot is the one to try.

Regards
Dick.

19.5.18.JPG

Pre: Glyce Lime
Brush: The Personal Barber synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond
Soap: C.O Bigalow

Great shave again today with the Super Max, absolutely faultless. Fancied a cooling shave today given the weather. Though I will spend most of the day watching the TV as it is race day at the Northwest 200 and BBC is showing live coverage.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom