image.jpg ~SOTD~ 16th SEptember Saturday

Prep....Shower...a Olive oil soap
Razor....Cobra Classic
Blade.....Schick Proline P-20/30
Soap....Speick Stick
Brush....Cadman Bell TGN silvertip
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Neroli TF copy oil Mr Perfume

Chucking down rain this morning, Blade Monkey is not happy so I left him on the bed and I tackled this shave alone......makes a change for me to do the whole shave by myself!
I am getting into this face lathering lark and using sticks of soap and a brush, the Speick soap once rubbed all over my face soon lathered up into a great slick lather and I set to work with the Cobra without paying much attention and it was done! Smooth skinned with no effot or real attention from me so there you go a razor that when fitted with this blade that is nearly fool proof, tomorrow I shall fit a feather blade and see what the difference is, will this very effective razor be turned into a biting Cobra? Tune in for tomorrow morning shave and find out!
Finnished off with the PSB and a few dabs of Neroli .
wake up monkey we are taking the dog out!

Have a great week end people but let's be careful out there.......

SOTD: 16th September 2017.
A.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1438.

Face Lathering.

Soap : Cella ~ Crema Da Barba.

Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (1)

Razor: Parker 92R .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Thayers ~Aloe Vera & Rose Petal Witch Hazel./Proraso ~Sandalwood & Shea oil Aftershave.

Gillette A/S Balm.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend, it's been a while since i used my Parker 92R, it paired up excellently with the Shark Super stainless blade, resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

The cella soap is such a wonderful performer,superb for either face or bowl lathering, everytime i use it for my shave it reminds me of Mr. Kipling's Cherry bakewell Tarts.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Oil A/S. Superb stuff for a near autumnal season approaching.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling very devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend , ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt170916.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Adagio
- Semogue 2015 HD
- MÜHLE Rocca with custom handle and Feather blade
- La Toja Aftershave Lotion

:)

View attachment 29100 ~SOTD~ 16th SEptember Saturday

Blade Monkey is not happy so I left him on the bed and I tackled this shave alone......makes a change for me to do the whole shave by myself!

Beginning to get a little worried. Blademonkey is .....in my considered opinion ...showing dual personality traits with a predisposition to the hoarding of 'precious' shiny razors!

View attachment 29100 ~SOTD~ 16th SEptember Saturday

Prep....Shower...a Olive oil soap
Razor....Cobra Classic
Blade.....Schick Proline P-20/30
Soap....Speick Stick
Brush....Cadman Bell TGN silvertip
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Neroli TF copy oil Mr Perfume

Chucking down rain this morning, Blade Monkey is not happy so I left him on the bed and I tackled this shave alone......makes a change for me to do the whole shave by myself!
I am getting into this face lathering lark and using sticks of soap and a brush, the Speick soap once rubbed all over my face soon lathered up into a great slick lather and I set to work with the Cobra without paying much attention and it was done! Smooth skinned with no effot or real attention from me so there you go a razor that when fitted with this blade that is nearly fool proof, tomorrow I shall fit a feather blade and see what the difference is, will this very effective razor be turned into a biting Cobra? Tune in for tomorrow morning shave and find out!
Finnished off with the PSB and a few dabs of Neroli .
wake up monkey we are taking the dog out!

Have a great week end people but let's be careful out there.......

They don't make them like that any more. . .

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: Gem Junior
Blade: Star Cru-Steel NOS
IMG_20170915_211651.jpg
Having rinsed the protective oil off and checked the blades edge with the magnifying* glass thoughtfully gifted to me by the magnificent* @Blademonkey, I loaded the Gem and crossed my fingers.
A great Saturday morning shave was had, and the wonderful Schafmilch played no minor part in this. :)
In celebration of my sense of smells return, a liberal splashing of my favourite scent.
Have a great weekend.

*See what I almost did there :D

Saturday 16th SEptember

Birch Tar Soap
Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
Proraso Single Blade Wood and Spice Cream
Giles Shaving Bowl
Rod Neep 26mm Extra Density Silvertip in Briar Burl
GEM Junior with a GEM SS blade
Cyder Vinegar Toner/AS
Naissance Golden Jojoba Oil
TOBS Luxury Sandalwood Cologne

Magnificent 3 pass BBS shave. The Wood and Spice cream had a fantastic scent and gave great protection. Getting ready to go to Cardiff for the day with the highlight being a performance of ' The Wipers Times' this evening.

Enjoy your weekend....I certainly will:)

Greetings All,

So ‘Treat' day has finally arrived.

Saturday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – shower and face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary soap
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Polsilver (5th)
Brush:Omega 641 (I think) Silver tip

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, shower, then Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase.

So, it finally arrived – Treat Day shave with my new Omega 641 (I have written “I think” the brush was a gift from my outlaws from a visit to Venice so not 100% sure). Got rid of the funky smell, with lots of lathering over the week and my Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary soap arrived on Wednesday.

Well, oh me, oh my, oh my, I know a lot of you have the soap already, but wow, AWESOME is not an understatement. Scent – divine (Note to else buy the aftershave lotion), the lather, thick creamy and enough residue slickness to shave with just water. My Merkur 34c / Polsilver combo I have been using all week did not spoil the event – ONE HAPPY BUNNY this morning.

I have even included a picture if I can get the darn thing to upload.

Cheers

Brian

Everyone – have a great weekend. :Dshave_160917(1).jpg

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
Wickhams Classic 24.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest (face lathered).
Timeless .95 Open Comb (on loan).
Permasharp (1).
Fine Platinum Aftershave.
BBA Post Shave Balm.
Creed Aventus (generous decant from a friend).

Well that was certainly an experience. It's the most I have felt a blade in a shave, although admittedly I have relatively limited experience. But it wasn't at all uncomfortable. I viewed it as a bit of a test of my technique and in that respect I think I passed with flying colours. Not so much as a weeper and I was BBS in 2 passes. Just a touch of irritation post shave but that was dealt with very efficiently with some BBA balm. But it's not a bar that I would feel comfortable with using on a regular basis. I can imagine that for someone with a very heavy beard growth it would be ideal. But goodness, my face is smooth. And I smell great! Have a great weekend chaps.

SOTD_20170916-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: F.A. Herder - #25
  • Shaving Brush: Wolf Whiskers - Tuxedo (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Verde (sample)
  • After-Shave: Acqua Di Parma - Collezione Barbiere - Balm (Sample)
  • Fragrance: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - No 74 Victorian Lime

Back
Top Bottom