SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

Date: 29 July 2017 is nearly 7:00am in West of London

Pre Shave: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

Edit:- Sorry I've post this in the wrong SOTD topic date had to delete and relocated :oops::(

CNajmHm.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Australian Private Reserver Idoru
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

jugendstil-001-de9c553f-7c1a-461a-a4f5-524a7af3637b.jpg

Second shave with the Polsilver Super Iridium and I understand why so many people like this blade. Two passes gave me a great BBS. Still sharp but very smooth. I like the Polsiver more at its second use. Floid Blue let me leaving the bathroom well scented and I will give that blade a third try tomorrow.
One of my favourite blades, though I haven't bought 100 yet.
Fantastic background as usual :)

Today's shave:

rdt170729.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Morocco
- Maseto 30mm Finest Badger
- Merkur 34c with Sputnik blade
- Tüff red Aftershave

:)

However, the Morocco is indeed veeery smoky, and not much else. Feels like you're standing inside a smokehouse, or next to a campfire. No "roses" or "floral" anything, at least to my nose.
Where can I get a bottle of tuff?

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 29th July Saturday :)

Prep....shower ~ MWF soap
Razor....ER 1912 with SS Windrose handle (Z1.P)
Blade....Vintage ER Corrux
Brush ....Razorock synthetic silvertip
Soap....Stirling~Spice (Old Spice clone)
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Post....Stirling Spice aftershave splash, BBA PS Balm
Scent....Stirling Spice aftershave dabbed here and there.

What a wonderful shave I had this morning, everything was perfect.
The soap was wonderful and was very close indeed to the origanal Old Spice, the vintage razor and blade were made for eachother and worked very well indeed, a close smooth shave was had and left me smooth to the touch, a great blade in a great razor!
The Razorock brush ( acquired from @Oomer ,thanks mate) was as soft as soft can be but had enough back bone and had no trouble whipping up a fab lather from the Stirling Spice and the aftershave splash with its great Old Spice scent finnished of the shave perfectly.
Again a big thank you going out to @vassili for bringing my Stirling products to me yesterday ,THANK YOU! :) nice one J. Pop around for a coffee the next time your passing by, you are always welcome.

Wishing you all a fab Friday ........:)

Last edited:
Saturday

Olive oil soap
3P Preshave cream
RazoRock Caribbean Holiday Soap
New Forest Tubby 1 Brush
Blackland Sabre with GEM SS (#2)
Alum Block and rinse
Lacura Moisturiser
Floid The Original AS
Molecule 01 ISO E Super EDP

A rush this morning. I am a volunteer at the town annual Sport for All event so I couldn't savour the shave as I would have wanted to.
Second shave with the Sabre. This razor is not as aggressive as most of the razors I possess. I would even say it on a par with the Supply SE only incredibly efficient. Dolphin smooth with 3 passes.

Have a great weekend!

SOTD: 29th July 2017.
A.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Coconut & Sheabutter Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Ingram~ Menthol .

Blade:Supermax Platinum Plus . (1)

Razor: Muhle R89.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Barbon ~ Menthol Aftershave .

Gillette ~ Sensitive Balm.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend...from today i will be shaving with creams only for the next few weeks as i haven't been giving much attention to my creams i'll try and make a dent into my impulsive shaving cream buying bouts...

Today's shave was inspired by @AnthH who kindly gifted me the Supermax Platinum Plus blade, he requested for me to pair it up with my Muhle R89.

The verdict?..A wonderful match,resulting in superb smooth efficient 3 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Anth was right the blades are very smooth & sharp.,cheers mate.;)

Finishing the shave of with a generous splash of Barbon Menthol A/S...A Hungarian 'Halls mentholyptus Lozenge Scented wonder'.

My Face is feeling cool smooth, and smelling of Halls mentholyptus Lozenges .;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Where can I get a bottle of tuff?
I'm not sure I can help there, unfortunately. :( Tüff is a German Aftershave that can be hard to come by even in Germany - in some parts of the country (the east and apparently parts of the north) it's available in stores, but elsewhere you have to rely on online shops and not many of them seem to stock it. I got mine online, but the vendor doesn't ship international.

It's nothing too fancy, though. It has a medium spicy-citrussy scent ("herb" translates to "tart") and retails around three Euros a bottle.

Back
Top Bottom