SOTD - on paper

I am just now getting into 'pens and papers'. I know..as if my wallet need another hole in it....

Just yesterday I picked up a Uniball Jetstream 0.7 and a 5x5 Rhodia notebook (total cost $9 so not razor-prices..yet) and am excited to start using my hands for some writing and sketching.

Now, the thing is...I'm not very good at writing OR sketching...but I want to improve.

I also have a Hobonichi on its way to me (found a place where the 2016 Techo is $17!) along with various notebooks.

So...I wanted to create little mini projects for me to keep me motivated to draw and write something each day...and...for me I think it will be my other passion Wetshaving!!

I have enough razors and stuff to mix it up on a daily basis for quite a while to come, so the plan is to;

- SKETCH what I'm using each day, and

- WRITE a bit about how it worked out for me.

That way I get to practice both drawing and writing and it's about something that I can easily switch up every day. I'm thinking I will use the Hobonichi for it or maybe just dedicate a larger notebook for it...we'll see...

Does anyone else do something similar - i.e. have a 'daily' project to keep you working on your drawing and/or sketching?

This morning, for instance, I shaved with a Wilkinson T70 razor as can be seen below;

149qxap.jpg

And I then spent a minute or less quickly sketching the razor..well...as I said...I'm not very good but it was fun!
a9w7p.jpg

Look at that....I was able to combine my two hobbies w/in one day. :D

Today the attempt was to sketch the King Cobra.
I'm trying to do it in a minute or less so that I don't fuzz about details and such.
Ok, so it's not good per se...but it's really fun to do :D

34i30p2.jpg

King Cobra
2l8ywar.jpg

Second day:
093ea5a8-525f-4bdb-bb3f-1a0e5e654dbf_zpsbvupbee5.jpg

Overuse of photobucket effects to hide poor quality camera phone shot!

A little improvement perhaps, I reckon I'll get pretty good at writing Gillette if I keep this up.

Second day:
093ea5a8-525f-4bdb-bb3f-1a0e5e654dbf_zpsbvupbee5.jpg

Overuse of photobucket effects to hide poor quality camera phone shot!

A little improvement perhaps, I reckon I'll get pretty good at writing Gillette if I keep this up.

Like it!

I think what I will try to do is to along with sketching the razor...also write a sentence or two about how the shave was. I need all the practice I can in both areas - drawing and writing :D

Back
Top Bottom