SOS PLEASE HELP

Dear Gents,
my 85 year old father is in the hospital with a broken pelvis. He has been there for three weeks and I want to shave him. His stubble is not that thick anymore, but it's 4 mm long by now. When we shave, we feel the pressure of the razor on the face and back off or push on, but on a different face, things change. I'm contemplating using my Oneblade as it's so forgiving and I never get any cuts. Lather for a good minute and pray for the best.
Do you have any suggestions, please?

Dear Gents,
my 85 year old father is in the hospital with a broken pelvis. He has been there for three weeks and I want to shave him. His stubble is not that thick anymore, but it's 4 mm long by now. When we shave, we feel the pressure of the razor on the face and back off or push on, but on a different face, things change. I'm contemplating using my Oneblade as it's so forgiving and I never get any cuts. Lather for a good minute and pray for the best.
Do you have any suggestions, please?
I am sorry to hear about your father in this way, a good lather and your oneblade will probably be the best option and then shave him every couple of days after this.
I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

I am sorry to hear about your father in this way, a good lather and your oneblade will probably be the best option and then shave him every couple of days after this.
I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.
If you can maybe use some electric hair trimmers to shorten the stubble first then it will make the shave with your oneblade easier.
Good luck and best wishes.

Thank you all for the kind suggestions, I don't have an electric razor, but the Gillette sensor I do have from my long bygone cart days. The oneblade though IMO is a more precise tool and also has a well thought out pivot. The sensor pivots but in a random fashion. I used to cut myself with the sensor if I went for a BBS, but the OB always gives me an irritation, cut free BBS.
I'll do a lot of preparation with towels and pre-shave, also a slick shaving cream.

Best of luck Kypros, I had to shave my old uncle before he went into hospital, so I do sympathise. All I can suggest is use the one blade, you like it and have confidence in it. Use much shorter strokes than you can on your own face and, as always, no pressure. It's a good thing you are doing for your dad, be sure and come back to us with any tips you pick up.

JohnnyO. o/

Best of luck Kypros, I had to shave my old uncle before he went into hospital, so I do sympathise. All I can suggest is use the one blade, you like it and have confidence in it. Use much shorter strokes than you can on your own face and, as always, no pressure. It's a good thing you are doing for your dad, be sure and come back to us with any tips you pick up.

JohnnyO. o/
Thank you JohnnyO for your kind encouragement. I will of course report back.

Dear friends,
Apart from one weeper, the shaving was a success. I'm glad I didn't use a cart as with all that growth it would have been impossible. Even the OB needed rinsing with every little stroke. I managed though to give my father a DFS in 45min. What impressed me was that I only used one new feather blade and it finished the job admirably whereas I expected to have used at least two new ones to finish.
From now on it's a shave every 4-5 days to manage the growth nicely.
Thank you all for your valuable advice on this matter.

Dear friends,
Apart from one weeper, the shaving was a success. I'm glad I didn't use a cart as with all that growth it would have been impossible. Even the OB needed rinsing with every little stroke. I managed though to give my father a DFS in 45min. What impressed me was that I only used one new feather blade and it finished the job admirably whereas I expected to have used at least two new ones to finish.
From now on it's a shave every 4-5 days to manage the growth nicely.
Thank you all for your valuable advice on this matter.
Well done, I expect your father feels a little better now he is clean shaven.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom