This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Sailors. Please show yours as well.

Discussion in 'Stationery Corner' started by jar, Friday January 12, 2018.

1. jar

jar

2. Benz3ne

Benz3ne

I'm not fortunate enough to own any, however the penultimate one is utterly beautiful.

udrako likes this.
  3. Lovely! I fancy the Professional Gear, but they seem to be quite small.

udrako likes this.
  4. FrankieG

FrankieG

Beautiful collection you have there :)

I'm particularly fond of this Sailor Pro Gear 'Regency Stripe' with H-MF nib that's smooth as butter. I also have a Sailor 1911 and a Pelikan M805, but the Pro Gear is by far my favourite.

Sailor Professional Gear Regency 03.jpg

udrako and chris.hale like this.
  5. jar

jar

They are relatively short but also wider than many others. Kinda like the Sheaffer PFM/Legacy family of pens.

udrako likes this.
  6. Would you or @FrankieG please be kind enough to measure one and let me know the un-posted length? I tend to not post pens and find 12cm to be the minimum length I can use comfortably without posting.

udrako likes this.
  7. FrankieG

FrankieG

Mine measures 11.5cm unposted to end of nib.

chris.hale likes this.
  8. I've found you an extra 4mm: My Pro Gear Realo measures 119mm from nib tip to piston knob end. As near as damn it identical length to the Platinum #3776 when compared that way.

Quick edit to mention; mine is the older Pro Gear, the newer Pro Gear II has different components, most notably the clip - I think this may measure longer again.

chris.hale likes this.
  9. Thanks guys. I may be able to get away with a Pro Gear.