Some news and advice from Standard Razors

Standard Razors have just sent out their June newsletter, and there are some interesting items in it.
They're working on some new products for launch "later this year". That's a teaser, as they don't say what, but will reveal more in forthcoming newsletters.

It seems they may have had some problems with people losing the stainless dual thread connector from the razor, and offer this advice (I quote):-
"If you have purchased one of our Standard Razors we recommend you glue
the screw into the top cap. Just a small amount of glue should work, but this will
prevent the screw from unthreading from the top cap and potentially being lost.
If you purchased your razor from StandardRazors.com in 2017, this won't apply,
as we have glued all the screws into the top cap since the beginning of this
year. Again, if you have any questions, please reach out!
If you decide not to glue your screw, please keep in mind that you should
always have the screw in the top cap, and then use the handle to tighten,
otherwise you risk damaging your razor".

I personally find this very interesting, as I have 4 Standards (2 unused for the grandchildren), and all have the thread pretty firmly screwed into the handle from the "get go", and I haven't had any problems. I've contacted them to clarify this, and will report their response.

They don't specify the glue (more properly, threadlock) but a tiny amount of superglue or loctite-type threadlock is presumably what they have in mind.

Lastly, they have a time limited 10% discount offer, and, again, I quote:-
"As a special thank you to our loyal newsletter subscribers (and everyone who
read all the way down here), we're including a 10% off code for all purchases
over $30. Just enter the code "JUNE2017" at checkout to receive your savings!
This offer is good until Midnight, CDT on June 19th so get your orders in
quickly!"
There's also a Priority Shipping upgrade for US customers who want a razor in time for Father's Day.

I had a rapid reply in response to asking whether I should unscrew the connector from the handle in my razors, and then glue them into the top cap.

"I would say if your razors are performing well as is - then don't change anything. I would just be careful with overtightening the top cap as the threads in that aren't as strong as those in the handle. But as you've been using them this way for a long time - you should be good to go! Let me know if you have any other questions."

So that's sorted.

Back
Top Bottom