Small Victories

I was going to wait to post again until I could do a complete perfect straight razor shave but I'm so pleased I thought I would post my small victory.

A few posts ago I posted the "oh god my face does it get better" post after a shavette shave (with DE blades) left me with an unbelievable razor burn. I have since changed to a Feather Artist Club DX and started with a Feather Pro Light Blade. Great gentle start but it still struggles with my tough beard. After a few shaves I upped to a regular Feather Pro blade and it went through the hair so well that I did two passes, and after the shave .....3 2 1. razor burn. I really wanted to use this blade of wonder but the burn made me think it might be too harsh for my skin. So onto the victory.

I have just this minute completed a full pass shave ; chin, philtrum and all the tricky bits with a proper Pro blade, no cuts, no nicks and no burn at all! Yaay. I'm very pleased. Same skin just needed a bit more practice and sticking to one pass. Thought you guys might be the only people I can tell that might appreciate it.

I am hopeful now that a full clean shave with a straight is in my future. Softly, softly catchy monkey :)

I was going to wait to post again until I could do a complete perfect straight razor shave but I'm so pleased I thought I would post my small victory.

A few posts ago I posted the "oh god my face does it get better" post after a shavette shave (with DE blades) left me with an unbelievable razor burn. I have since changed to a Feather Artist Club DX and started with a Feather Pro Light Blade. Great gentle start but it still struggles with my tough beard. After a few shaves I upped to a regular Feather Pro blade and it went through the hair so well that I did two passes, and after the shave .....3 2 1. razor burn. I really wanted to use this blade of wonder but the burn made me think it might be too harsh for my skin. So onto the victory.

I have just this minute completed a full pass shave ; chin, philtrum and all the tricky bits with a proper Pro blade, no cuts, no nicks and no burn at all! Yaay. I'm very pleased. Same skin just needed a bit more practice and sticking to one pass. Thought you guys might be the only people I can tell that might appreciate it.

I am hopeful now that a full clean shave with a straight is in my future. Softly, softly catchy monkey :)
Well done, I feel your joy! :) P.

[QUOTE="whitedragon101, post: 693668, member: 8981"]Softly, softly catchy monkey[/QUOTE]

You have nailed it there my friend in a simple sentence. :rolleyes:

Keep it up and enjoy. :)

Back
Top Bottom