Shaving related places in Madrid, Spain

@Felix Groslerner - Madrid is an excellent place to pick up shaving supplies - a couple of suggestions for you. The department store El Corte Ingles is a good place to start - it's just off Puerta del Sol. It is easy to find, it's an entire city block. The shaving stuff is on the ground floor. You'll find the entire ranges of Lea, La Toja, Floid, Williams, Proraso and Alvarez Gomez. They also have a decent selection of Vie Long and Omega brushes. Strangely Weleda products are to be found in the pharmacy section - on the same floor - not with the rest of the grooming stuff, no idea why. Also check downstairs in the supermarket where you'll find a more limited supply of products and after shaves - it's cheaper than upstairs. Next - Casa Montane. It's not far from El Corte Ingles - Plaza Herradores, which runs up the hill from Calle del Arenal to Calle Mayor. It's actually a trade hair-dressing supplies shop but they have a corner of shaving stuff - most importantly they carry the entire Myrsol range. All the varieties and sizes. You may have to be persistent - they keep properly Spanish opening hours - it seems a bit random when they are open or closed. Finally - on the opposite side of Puerta del Sol - there is a shop on Calle de la Virgen de los Peligos, just next to the Sevilla metro station. I can't for the life of me remember its name but it's easy enough to find. It sells all things that cut - from razors to incredibly expensive chef's knives. They also carry some brushes and soaps. Hope this helps - happy hunting. Cheers - I

@Felix Groslerner - Madrid is an excellent place to pick up shaving supplies - a couple of suggestions for you. The department store El Corte Ingles is a good place to start - it's just off Puerta del Sol. It is easy to find, it's an entire city block. The shaving stuff is on the ground floor. You'll find the entire ranges of Lea, La Toja, Floid, Williams, Proraso and Alvarez Gomez. They also have a decent selection of Vie Long and Omega brushes. Strangely Weleda products are to be found in the pharmacy section - on the same floor - not with the rest of the grooming stuff, no idea why. Also check downstairs in the supermarket where you'll find a more limited supply of products and after shaves - it's cheaper than upstairs. Next - Casa Montane. It's not far from El Corte Ingles - Plaza Herradores, which runs up the hill from Calle del Arenal to Calle Mayor. It's actually a trade hair-dressing supplies shop but they have a corner of shaving stuff - most importantly they carry the entire Myrsol range. All the varieties and sizes. You may have to be persistent - they keep properly Spanish opening hours - it seems a bit random when they are open or closed. Finally - on the opposite side of Puerta del Sol - there is a shop on Calle de la Virgen de los Peligos, just next to the Sevilla metro station. I can't for the life of me remember its name but it's easy enough to find. It sells all things that cut - from razors to incredibly expensive chef's knives. They also carry some brushes and soaps. Hope this helps - happy hunting. Cheers - I
Thanks

Hello just have seen this thread.
There is two shop you would know.
Nuria, at Lagasca St. This is the best in Madrid, albeit prone to British products.
https://g.co/kgs/HJSEIq
Montane, that @Digimonkey mentioned above is wonderful for Myrsol products.
El Corte Inglés is a little bit disappointing and short in offer, but you'll found some of them. Beware at ECI about Lea soap and stick cause they are selling old ingredients units. Shaving cream Lea Classic, in a tin jar is the best you can obtain here.
Try Montane and Nuria, those are the best experiences.
Don't forget at Nuria ask for a discount to Luis, the owner. Don't remember his wife's name, sorry.
If you need Myrsol, Montane let's you test all of the stuff
Regards

Excellent advice above.

The shop in Virgen de los Peligros St is called Cuchilleria Simon... everything that cuts is in there... but pricey!!!

Perfumeria Nuria is great.

'Cuchilleria Simon' - si - claro. Gracias. It is quite expensive isn't it? There used to be a top end shellfish and seafood restaurant in the lane opposite but it seems to have closed down. Probably the best boquerones fritos I have eaten. Off topic. Sorry. Saludos. I

'Cuchilleria Simon' - si - claro. Gracias. It is quite expensive isn't it? There used to be a top end shellfish and seafood restaurant in the lane opposite but it seems to have closed down. Probably the best boquerones fritos I have eaten. Off topic. Sorry. Saludos. I

:)

Excellent! You know it perfectly...

Now it's me who can't remember the name of the restaurant. You lived in Madrid for a while, I see....;)

Y hablas un perfecto español! un saludo!

Off topic here as well, sorry...

Thread resurrection time.

We're off to Madrid in a few days for a break. I always try to bring back some sort of shaving related products when we go away and was wondering if anyone had any more recent experience of shaving shops or products available in the city? Googling just brings back a lot of barber shops and the usual assortment of shops found in most European cities - e.g. Kiehl's.

Thanks - David.

Thread resurrection time.

We're off to Madrid in a few days for a break. I always try to bring back some sort of shaving related products when we go away and was wondering if anyone had any more recent experience of shaving shops or products available in the city? Googling just brings back a lot of barber shops and the usual assortment of shops found in most European cities - e.g. Kiehl's.

Thanks - David.

I think it could be worthwhile to have a look out for supermarkets, if you can find items like La Toja, Lea and Williams.

Back
Top Bottom