This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shavette ... with a twist!

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by pjgh, Sunday December 21, 2014.

1. pjgh

pjgh

So, the shavette ... the one that takes half DE blades, using an injector blade ... should it go in the straight edge, single edge, single edge blades, double edge or double edge blades forum? Bother! General shaving, it is ...

So, the shavette ...

[​IMG]

Looks kosher, but let's crack it open ...

[​IMG]

... unless you can't see it, let's pull the blade out:

[​IMG]

Nifty, eh?

2. I have a similar shavette but where are those blades from?

3. pjgh

pjgh

... they're simple injector blades, like you'd use with a Schick injector razor.

It's a regular shavette otherwise, one that would take a half DE blade. No modification, just a happy coincidence that they fit :D

4. Ahh not seen injector blades out side of the injector before would possibly work better in this type of shavette as I find they don't hold a split de blade too great

5. pjgh

pjgh

... couldn't be any worse :D (I'm not an injector fan)

You're right - the top clip holds this blade very tight; absolutely no chance of it slopping about.

6. Now I was going to get an se to try next instead I might get some injector blades and try this instead

7. pjgh

pjgh

... just neatened up my neck line with this. Safe, smooth and absolutely irritation-free using just Nuage Men Shaving Oil.

[​IMG]