shavette for beginner.

Hi all

I've been shaving with a DE razor for about 3 years now. I want to look athrough a shavette, and was looking for help on which may be suitable.

I don't want something really cheap, but then again I don't want some too expensive either.

I'm looking at between 25-30 pounds.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi all

I've been shaving with a DE razor for about 3 years now. I want to look athrough a shavette, and was looking for help on which may be suitable.

I don't want something really cheap, but then again I don't want some too expensive either.

I'm looking at between 25-30 pounds.

Thanks in advance

Mark
Feather artist club, SS (used) there's one on BST for a little over your budget but it is a good buy, I would have had it but already have one.

I had a Dovo shavette .....it was fine for straightening side burns and alike but as far as shaving goes they in my experience are nowhere near as good as the feather artist club razors / shavettes because the AC blades are thicker is is less prone to flex, half DE shavettes were never intended to use as a full shave razor, only for shaping of hair. I'm not saying it's impossible to shave with one , just that it will probably be a horrible experience , I found out the hard way and looked like I had been attacked by razor welding maniac . The choice is yours! :)

And where can you get the blades from? Cost etc..

Shaun it appears we have more to discuss.

Thanks guys
The blades are available from most online shaving stockists and on eBay as for the cost about £15 for a box of 20 feather pro's but you will get ten + shaves between blades so not so expensive and if you buy in bulk say at Counnaughts you will get cheaper and the same on eBay.

The blades are available from most online shaving stockists and on eBay as for the cost about £15 for a box of 20 feather pro's but you will get ten + shaves between blades so not so expensive and if you buy in bulk say at Counnaughts you will get cheaper and the same on eBay.
You can also buy direct from Japan at half the cost but just be careful to only order two packs at a time and you won't get stung for vat and RM charges.

shavette for shaping of hair, totally...
Yes....I said they were never intended for shaving and they were not it's only because straight razors were effectively outlawed for use in barber shops in the UK that barbers started using these cheaper disposable DE bladed shavettes because of the price , they are far cheaper than AC blades as a one use option , and I didn't say you couldn't shave with one I just said a AC blade shavette is imo better. :) nice vid by the way.

Back
Top Bottom