Shavemac Issues

I've had a Shavemac Silvertip D-01 for about a year. It's lovely and soft and was really happy with it to begin with.

I don't use it every day, only for the odd weekend shave, so it's done maybe 30-40 shaves.

For about the last 15-20 uses, it sheds a lot of hair, about 10 per shave. I have left it in the hope that it would calm down again, but that doesn't look like happening.

I've never used anything to clean it, but it always gets rinsed out thoroughly and is always left to dry out as it's not used often. There's no build up of soap residue. I have a Semogue and Simpsons that have seen far more use and get treated the same that have only shed the odd one.

I've emailed and was told to clean it if I could see any residue and other things which also pointed towards misuse (which I don't).

Bernd did say to return it if I still have issues, but I'm not sure if I'll just be told it's due to neglect. Given the little use its had, I'd be pretty surprised and annoyed.

I know they are well regarded, but has anyone else had any issues? What would you do?

Cheers.

I've had a Shavemac Silvertip D-01 for about a year. It's lovely and soft and was really happy with it to begin with.

I don't use it every day, only for the odd weekend shave, so it's done maybe 30-40 shaves.

For about the last 15-20 uses, it sheds a lot of hair, about 10 per shave. I have left it in the hope that it would calm down again, but that doesn't look like happening.

I've never used anything to clean it, but it always gets rinsed out thoroughly and is always left to dry out as it's not used often. There's no build up of soap residue. I have a Semogue and Simpsons that have seen far more use and get treated the same that have only shed the odd one.

I've emailed and was told to clean it if I could see any residue and other things which also pointed towards misuse (which I don't).

Bernd did say to return it if I still have issues, but I'm not sure if I'll just be told it's due to neglect. Given the little use its had, I'd be pretty surprised and annoyed.

I know they are well regarded, but has anyone else had any issues? What would you do?

Cheers.
Although I have not had the fortune to own or use a Shavemac, I am led to believe they are a good company to deal with.

As suggested I would contact them and take it from there.

Good luck!

Not had a shavemac, and i've not used a Badger for a very long time. What I do recall is 1 of two things has happened. 1) The glue bonding the hairs together has started failing and the hairs are falling out. 2) hairs have got mold and its eaten at the root above the glue core. From what your describing i'll take that its the bonding thats failed. As others have said best bet is send the brush back

Sent my brush off last Thursday and they received it on Tuesday.

Got an email today saying that they will return it on Tuesday, no other information. I'd assume that they are doing it FOC as there was no mention of cost.

Have asked what they found and what work they'll be carrying out. If it was faulty, an apology wouldn't have gone amiss, given how expensive it was and I had to pay to return it.

Sent my brush off last Thursday and they received it on Tuesday.

Got an email today saying that they will return it on Tuesday, no other information. I'd assume that they are doing it FOC as there was no mention of cost.

Have asked what they found and what work they'll be carrying out. If it was faulty, an apology wouldn't have gone amiss, given how expensive it was and I had to pay to return it.
http://www.atgshaving.com/threads/re-my-shavemac-finest-how-does-bernd-repair-a-shedding-brush.5602/

I would suggest that you send a reply to Bern's email, seeking clarification on what works have been carried out and that the defect/shedding has been totally resolved. I'd be curious to know, how a shedding knot can be repaired, presumably stripped and rewhipped with a new handle included

I would suggest that you send a reply to Bern's email, seeking clarification on what works have been carried out and that the defect/shedding has been totally resolved. I'd be curious to know, how a shedding knot can be repaired, presumably stripped and rewhipped with a new handle included
Yes, I replied asking what he had found and what work they are carrying out. Like you, I am sceptical that a knot can be repaired. It will be fairly obvious when I get it back whether it's been replaced or not.

Back
Top Bottom