image.jpg -~SOTD~ 9th September Saturday

Prep....Shower ~ Olive Oil Soap
Razor....Supply SE 000 plate
Blade....Schick Proline
Soap....OSP ~ Peppermint & Rosemary
Brush....Razorock ~ Big Bruce
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Tom ford ~ Amber Absoloute .....oil Mr Perfume

An easy shave with no problems, this razor works well with these Proline blades giving a clean finnish , just as close a shave as yesterday's shave I had with the Streamline but it just seemed to be a little too easy and because of that not so much fun, to use a razor that could bite you well and get a good shave out of it I feel is more fun and takes more skill. Maybe it's just me and how I'm feeling this morning......it's still a good razor though.
Finnished of with the fab BBA PSB followed by my scent choice of today.

Have a great weekend people.........:)

Last edited:
Greetings

Saturday 9th September 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Le Coq
Blade: L'Essor
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: DR Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDT: Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

An extremely close shave, but at the price of comfort, this is my most aggressive safety razor by far and not one of my favourites, it has a huge blade gap and a lot of protrusion and it is also very heavy; it requires a super light touch any pressure results in soreness. A great shave but hard work!

Regards
Dick.

9.9.17.JPG

SOTD: 9th September 2017.
1.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men~ Active Clean Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Face Lathering.

Soap : MWF .

Blade: Treet Platinum . (1)

Razor: Parker 65R .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Duru ~ Mandarin Cologne .

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend, First time use of MWF, i've been sitting on the fence for a while now about placing a order due to me living in a hard water area and reading reviews on it can be difficult to get a good lather ,but i bit the bullet and placed the order.
My next thought was should i bloom it before mixing? ..I decided not to.

This is what i did,"which has probably been done a thousand times before", was soaked my Omega boar brush in warm water for 5 minutes,put the soap puck into my mixing bowl, then squeezed most of the water out of the brush, until it was just damp, then started twirling firmly on the dry soap with the tips of the brush for 15-20 seconds, then face lathering until my face was covered with a layer of almost dry lather,repeated the mixing process, then added small amounts of warm water to the brush until i got a wetter lather to the consistancy i like, i had to experiment with adding the water, between each pass, but it worked for me, even with hard water.

I'm glad i placed the order for "The Fat" now, a great performing classic soap, i shall try mixing it with a Synthetic brush using the same method next time to see what results i get.

what a wonderful light clean fresh cologne scent,..it reminds me of Blue stratos..which is a 'Old School' favourite of mine, the post shave feeling is astoundingly good, one of the best i've had.

It's been quite a while since i last used my Parker 65R, a wonderful return it paired up brilliantly with the Treet Platinum Blade resulting in a smooth efficient 3 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend , ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Vie-Long 13052
Cream: Sweyn Forkbeard Cedarwood Sample
Razor: Gem FHT aka G-Bar
Blade: Gem Blue Star

IMG_20170908_232655.jpg

First time with the FHT and although I prefer the weight of this to the Featherweight, I prefer the grip of the Featherweight. Fussy sod, I know.
Also, the first use of this cream and the Cedarwood scent is very nice, not overpowering. But, what started out as a nice glossy yoghurt soon dissipated, leaving glide but not much cushion.
Using two mild razors in a row confirmed my belief that a more efficient razor is kinder to the skin, less passes and less touch ups = less irritation, but as always, ymmv.

gUbKRtjh.png

Simple, but oh so refreshing. I love the scent on this Le Père Lucien soap...

View attachment 28845 -~SOTD~ 9th September Saturday

Prep....Shower ~ Olive Oil Soap
Razor....Supply SE 000 plate
Blade....Schick Proline
Soap....OSP ~ Peppermint & Rosemary
Brush....Razorock ~ Big Bruce
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Tom ford ~ Amber Absoloute .....oil Mr Perfume

An easy shave with no problems, this razor works well with these Proline blades giving a clean finnish , just as close a shave as yesterday's shave I had with the Streamline but it just seemed to be a little too easy and because of that not so much fun, to use a razor that could bite you well and get a good shave out of it I feel is more fun and takes more skill. Maybe it's just me and how I'm feeling this morning......it's still a good razor though.
Finnished of with the fab BBA PSB followed by my scent choice of today.

Have a great weekend people.........:)
Hi Paul,
I echo your sentiments, I feel that way about the Supply SE and some Vintage Injectors too.
I had a great shave today with a 1912 Gem Junior.
Mike

Sat 9th Sept.
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Stirling Baker Street
Brass 1912 Gem Junior
1 Ever Ready Vintage [ 1 ]
2 Gem S/S coated [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Decided after using modern SEs for the month so far, a change to vintage was required. Also I would get a chance to try out a vintage blade that had been honed for me. Razor for the day being my favourite 1912, a nice brass Gem Junior.

I soon found out that the combo was rather harsh and aggressive when used on my cheeks,and very uncomfortable around the neck. Most importantly it was not doing a good job, so I decided to rethink the Shave.

Discarding the Vintage Blade I loaded up with a fresh Gem Blade. The difference was quite amazing so smooth and comfortable with the Shave being finished efficiently with a great close all round finish. So pleased to have recovered from what was a disappointing shave, and to discover that I can use a fresh blade in this razor with no problems.

IMG_0382.jpg

Hi Paul,
I echo your sentiments, I feel that way about the Supply SE and some Vintage Injectors too.
I had a great shave today with a 1912 Gem Junior.
Mike
Good, I'm pleased it was just not me, to some it may seem odd to say the shave was too easy but where is the fun in that?! :) I like a chalangeing razor and to come out victorious !! :)

IMAG1277_1_1_1.jpg Morning gents.
Saturday morning shave.
Not the greatest by a long way, but smells incredible, the shave may have been affected somewhat by my involuntary nodding of the head while blasting out the stones. :)
Sterling's arkadia soap
Rockwell razor
Ladas blade #2 and last
Grosvenor boar brush
Superdrug as balm.
Blade was definitely not as sharp after first use which was disappointing.

SOTD: 090917
SOTD 090917.jpg
Prep: Hot shower with Izzey Miyake Shower Gel
Blade: Gem #1
Razor: Gem MM CC
Brush:
Maseto 26mm Silvertip barber Handle.
Soap: Nannies Silly Soap Moroccan Sands
EDT: Izzey Myake

Now this was an outstanding step in the right direction for me. (See what I done there! ;):rolleyes:)

My first time with the recently acquired Gem Micromatic Closed Comb razor and all I can say is WOW!.
A special thank you must go out to our very own @Blademonkey here who sourced this razor, serviced it and gave me the tuition needed. I am so thankful to you my friend. I am totally blown away with it's performance.
A buttery smooth BBS 3 pass shave.
I am in awe of this razor and may even go as far to say, better than my 1912. :eek:

I am finding myself going further and further down the vintage route and am thoroughly enjoying the path it is taking me.

Face lathering with the Maseto 26mm and the NSS soap was a joy to use.
The slickness, cushion and scent was sublime.

Finishing off with Thayers Witch Hazel and a generous spray of the Izzey Myake I am feeling on top of the world and good to go.

Enjoy your shaves and have a lovely weekend,

Wayne. :)

SOTD: 090917
View attachment 28859
Prep: Hot shower with Izzey Miyake Shower Gel
Blade: Gem #1
Razor: Gem MM CC
Brush:
Maseto 26mm Silvertip barber Handle.
Soap: Nannies Silly Soap Moroccan Sands
EDT: Izzey Myake

Now this was an outstanding step in the right direction for me. (See what I done there! ;):rolleyes:)

My first time with the recently acquired Gem Micromatic Closed Comb razor and all I can say is WOW!.
A special thank you must go out to our very own @Blademonkey here who sourced this razor, serviced it and gave me the tuition needed. I am so thankful to you my friend. I am totally blown away with it's performance.
A buttery smooth BBS 3 pass shave.
I am in awe of this razor and may even go as far to say, better than my 1912. :eek:

I am finding myself going further and further down the vintage route and am thoroughly enjoying the path it is taking me.

Face lathering with the Maseto 26mm and the NSS soap was a joy to use.
The slickness, cushion and scent was sublime.

Finishing off with Thayers Witch Hazel and a generous spray of the Izzey Myake I am feeling on top of the world and good to go.

Enjoy your shaves and have a lovely weekend,

Wayne. :)
You are more than welcome Wayne, I'm pleased you had a great shave from it. Well done. :)

Back
Top Bottom