image.jpg S~O~T~D Saturday 8th July

Shave 3 with The pass-around razor ASW Evolution

Prep~ Shower~ lavender & olive oil soap
Razor~ Asylum~ Evolution
Blade~Iridium Super extra stainless
Soap~Saponifico~Varesino~Stella Alpina
Brush~Semouge OC Badger
Post~Thayers Rose petal~ BBA Post shave balm
scent~Bond number 9 New York ( MrPerfume )

A good shave, the lather was superb the razor gave me a close and comfortable shave leaving me smooth to the touch and irritation free. The blade on its third outing is still performing well.
I finnished with a splash of Thayers and once dry I applied the BBA psb, looking good! My scent for today was the wonderful Bond Number 9 New York perfume oil from Mr Perfume.

Wishing you all a great weekend.......:)

Last edited:
iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 08 July 2017

Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synthetic 26/63mm
Lather: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #2
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

SOTD: 8th July 2017.
1.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather:~ Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face/ Bloom water wash.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.(Slithers)+ Palmolive 'Classic' Shave Stick . (Disc)

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword. ~Saloon Pack .(1)

Razor: Parker 24C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Lucky Tiger ~ Aftershave/Face Tonic .

Benetton~ Essense of Men. EDT.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend... I've been digging out shaving provisions i haven't used for a long time, i still have gear i've yet to try....
That's what happens when you go on impulsive buying bouts, you build up so much stuff, you forget what you've got in your shaving den.Back to the shave....

Another soap experiment using a small cut disc of palmolive 'Classic' shave stick & some slithers of the w.s. soap bowl pressed together in my mixing bowl, and bloomed for a 2 minutes in a few drops of warm water. The verdict?....

Not the same result that i had with the Arko & shave cream but never the less ,a good enough lather, for the shave..
The wilkinson sword soap bowl i find you have to work with it to provide a good lather.,next time i'll try it with a cream rather than a soap..

My 24C/Gillette W.S.(saloon pack)blade paired up excellently, resulting in a smooth efficient 3 pass + pick ups shave, with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of lucky tiger & some

squirts of the Benetton EDT to the pulse points & chest.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face wash, bloom water.
P&B Denali.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm synthetic.
Little Wren bowl.
Rockwell 6C (plate 4).
Gillette Silver Blue (2).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Aftershave.

Second use of the 6C and oh my! A lovely BBS shave on plate 4. The razor does feel beautifully balanced in my hand with it's weight doing all the work wtg. 3 passes with minimal pick-ups helped by the superb slickness of the P&B. The Gillette Silver Blue is one of my favourite blades, but felt just a tad tuggy once or twice. So now its just a case of matching the perfect blade with the 6C. I will have a look at what some of you guys recommend. But it was one of those shaves where you feel that all is right with the world when you finish of with a nice splash of aftershave. Have a great weekend gents.

8/7/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - 3P
Brush - Omega S10065
Razor - DE89
Blade - SuperMax Platinum Plus (3)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel
After Shave - Superdrug Forest Fresh

Not the best shave today. Some irritation from yesterday's, possibly down to excess/accidental ATG passes yesterday, so only the 2 passes today. The 3P seemed ok on the face for the first pass but less so for the second.

SOTD: 8th July 2017.
[

I've been digging out shaving provisions i haven't used for a long time, i still have gear i've yet to try....
That's what happens when you go on impulsive buying bouts, you build up so much stuff, you forget what you've got in your shaving den.Back to the shave....

Tell me about it. I keep finding stuff I had forgotten about. I have thrown out anything I have found containing milk as there are potential microbiological issues. Rest assured....most of the soaps I have are VERRRY well cured!

Vegetal Soap - Lilly of the Valey
Haslinger - Sheep`s Milk Shaving Soap
The Golden Nib - 24mm Two Band Finest Badger Fan
Facelathering
Merkur - 37C
Feather (1)
WTG / ATG
Brummel - After Shave Lotion

Listening to good old Gary Numan.

Loved to listen to Gary Numan back in his day.....and while I wouldn't actively look him out......the volume always is turned up when he appears! That song is iconic:)

Back
Top Bottom