Prep...Shower~MWF Soap
Razor....Muhle R41 (2011 model)
Blade....Polsilver Stainless ( Lodz )
Soap....La Savonniere du Moulin
Brush....Blademonkey Boar
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm, Jojoba oil
Scent....Yardley 1770

Having not used a DE razor for a while I thought I would have a walk on the wild side with the 2011 R41.
I whipped a beautiful creamy lather from the Donkey milk soap with my special Boar brush in the wonderful Little Wren pottery lathering bowl and as normal it exploded into thick creamy goodness ..anyway to the shave, the razor is not really that bad as long as you give it a good talking too beforehand . A really close shave was had with no blood loss or irritation .
I finnished with my usual post shave procedure of BBA PSB followed shortly by a small amount of Jojoba oil to fully moisturise the skin.
The smell for today was the lovely Yardley 1770 EDT , all done, clean shaven and smelling great! :)

Wishing you all a great weekend........:)

Last edited:
SOTD: 22nd July 2017.1a.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cien~ Coconut & Sheabutter Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega~10077 .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Vitos~ Red.

Blade: Sputnik. (1)

Razor: Fatip Grande .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture / Calvin Klein ~Eternity Aftershave .

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend..Maiden shave with the Omega 10077 boar brush..The verdict?..

After i'd done my Pre-wash & dried out ritual a few days before hand, it lathered up excellently..a superb little brush,very little if any hair shredding with plenty of backbone...i'm really pleased with it's maiden shave..It'll fit in very nicely with the rest of my humble boar brush family.

It's also been a while since i last used my Fatip Grande in my razor rotation, today it performed wonderfully paired up with the Sputnik blade, resulting in another efficient 3 pass +pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

I find that russian made blades work really well with the vast majority of my DE razors, and perform wonderfully giving me a non-irritation DFS.

Finishing the shave of in style, with a generous splash of K.C. Eternity.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling wonderful.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 22 July 2017

Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synthetic 26/63mm
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #2
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L'Homme EDT

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Sat 22nd July
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Speick Active
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Having recently entered the World of SE razors that use AC type blades, I was quite excited to have got hold of one of the "Originals" the iconic Mongoose.My first shave yesterday went off well,with no mishaps or post Shave problems so I decided to have a follow up shave with it.

Though quite heavy , after using a Claymore/Brass General the weight of the Mongoose is not a problem.With a good lather and a light touch that weight allows the Razor to glide around the face very smoothly eliminating whiskers very efficiently. I actually found the Razor works very well ATG in areas where other Razors have difficulty in clearing up stubborn growth.

Am quite surprised to read that some fellow Shavers who have tried this Razor, cannot get a good close Shave with it and also suffer from post shave irritation. It should be noted that I am using a Schick Blade which seems more forgiving than other blades.

I have only had two shaves so far, and have found it to provide as good as and easier Shave than my favourite Vintage SEs , though using the oldies may well provide a greater degree satisfaction when one achieves a great Shave with them.

IMG_1416.jpg

Pre: Cold Water
Brush: EJ Medium PB
Cream: Wilkinson Sword
Razor: Schick Injector I
Blade: Chick
Afters: Boots Freshwood ASB
Until today my only experience with WS soap was the blue bowl :(
I'm glad to say this is nothing like that at all. Rich foam, very slick and a good clean scent, what more can you ask for? :)
IMG_20170722_090220.jpg

Saturday's shave :)

Came home last night to a Royal Mail "sorry we missed you" delivery note. Up with the larks this morning to pick up the parcel, a Rocnel SE-G Gem Razor.

Pre-shave - Aloe Vera soap, followed by BBA Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - Rocnel SE-G.
Blade - GEM SS (day 1).
Soap - Gentleman's Groom Room Essence of Scotland Sweet Gale Traditional Shaving Soap.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave, followed by Ibiza Aloe Aloe Vera Cream.

My first shave with a GEM razor!

Plenty of preparation this morning. Approached the shave with a lot of respect and a degree of nervousness. The Rocnel came pre-loaded with a GEM - the razor blade looked in good condition, so I decided to go ahead. On the first few strokes, the blade tugged. Decided to stop and reloaded with a new GEM (these thankfully arrived earlier in the week).

Reloading was easy, only because I had seen a Youtube video. The razor came with no instructions - not sure it would have been so intuitive to load without first having seen the video.

Back to the shave - very short, light strokes, the feedback from the razor was good. For some reason it sounded different, as if the blade was scraping the stubble off. The end result a very efficient shave, reasonably smooth.

First pass was with the grain, a few weepers on my neck and chin - which is most unusual for me, especially at a first pass.

Decided to go for a second pass, ATG. Felt good on the face, nice and smooth, one weeper - nothing to write home about. When shaving the neck, ATG, a few more weepers emerged.

Cold water rinse. After applying the Myrsol (Astringent), noticeably more tingling than usual. Decided to apply aloe vera to calm the skin down. Post shave no issues with the weepers, but some redness, which I was miffed about, as I thought I had been careful and had good technique.

First impressions:

1. Yourshaving.com provided excellent service, on opening the razor there was a free gift: La Toja shaving soap, which I am looking forward to using;
2. The Rocnel was much smaller than I imagined/thought;
3. The razor is very well made, looks like a Grade-A piece of military kit;
4. Very efficient shave, a mild/aggressive razor, - a few notches down from the Muhle R41, if I can make that comparison.
5. I really enjoyed that ATT SE1 out of the box (in terms of a non DE razor). For me, and I appreciate that YMMV, the Rocnel GEM did not feel that good/smooth compared to the ATT SE1 out of the box. However, I have put this down to technique. When shaving I aimed to keep the cap on my face - perhaps I got the angle wrong occasionally.

This one is going to be a keeper. I need to work on the angle, I am sure that when I can consistently find the sweet spot, this will just give as good shaves as the ATT SE1.

All the best,

Chris

Saturday's shave :)

Came home last night to a Royal Mail "sorry we missed you" delivery note. Up with the larks this morning to pick up the parcel, a Rocnel SE-G Gem Razor.

Pre-shave - Aloe Vera soap, followed by BBA Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - Rocnel SE-G.
Blade - GEM SS (day 1).
Soap - Gentleman's Groom Room Essence of Scotland Sweet Gale Traditional Shaving Soap.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave, followed by Ibiza Aloe Aloe Vera Cream.

My first shave with a GEM razor!

Plenty of preparation this morning. Approached the shave with a lot of respect and a degree of nervousness. The Rocnel came pre-loaded with a GEM - the razor blade looked in good condition, so I decided to go ahead. On the first few strokes, the blade tugged. Decided to stop and reloaded with a new GEM (these thankfully arrived earlier in the week).

Reloading was easy, only because I had seen a Youtube video. The razor came with no instructions - not sure it would have been so intuitive to load without first having seen the video.

Back to the shave - very short, light strokes, the feedback from the razor was good. For some reason it sounded different, as if the blade was scraping the stubble off. The end result a very efficient shave, reasonably smooth.

First pass was with the grain, a few weepers on my neck and chin - which is most unusual for me, especially at a first pass.

Decided to go for a second pass, ATG. Felt good on the face, nice and smooth, one weeper - nothing to write home about. When shaving the neck, ATG, a few more weepers emerged.

Cold water rinse. After applying the Myrsol (Astringent), noticeably more tingling than usual. Decided to apply aloe vera to calm the skin down. Post shave no issues with the weepers, but some redness, which I was miffed about, as I thought I had been careful and had good technique.

First impressions:

1. Yourshaving.com provided excellent service, on opening the razor there was a free gift: La Toja shaving soap, which I am looking forward to using;
2. The Rocnel was much smaller than I imagined/thought;
3. The razor is very well made, looks like a Grade-A piece of military kit;
4. Very efficient shave, a mild/aggressive razor, - a few notches down from the Muhle R41, if I can make that comparison.
5. I really enjoyed that ATT SE1 out of the box (in terms of a non DE razor). For me, and I appreciate that YMMV, the Rocnel GEM did not feel that good/smooth compared to the ATT SE1 out of the box. However, I have put this down to technique. When shaving I aimed to keep the cap on my face - perhaps I got the angle wrong occasionally.

This one is going to be a keeper. I need to work on the angle, I am sure that when I can consistently find the sweet spot, this will just give as good shaves as the ATT SE1.

All the best,

Chris
I look forward to reading about your future shaves with it, will you please tag me? Thanks :)

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash.
NSS Lemon, Basil & Mandarin Traditional Soap.
Maseto 30mm Finest.
Merkur37C.
Astra SP (2).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
RazoRock XXX Aftershave.

Third use of the 37C and I'm using it with more confidence now. Hence a lovely BBS shave in 3 passes with minor pick-ups. An efficient razor, but not at all aggressive in my opinion. So I'm nicely set up for a busy Saturday. Have a great weekend chaps.

Back
Top Bottom