Eary morning shave.......

Prep.....Hot shower ~ olive oil soap
Razor....Ever Ready 1924 aka Shovel Head
Blade....Ever Ready Corrux NOS
Soap.....Speick Stick, Tallow
Brush.....Razorock Big Bruce
Post.....BBA PS Balm
Scent.....Golden Sand oil - Mr Perfume

My first shave with the 1924 travel razor with it's really short handle but I did not find it a problem. Loaded with a freshly stropped Corrux it shaved wonderfully.
The brush was great for face lathering and the Speick shave soap was outstanding in its performance.
The Shovel Head in my opinion lacks some of the charm of the 1912 and 1914 razors, I do like the lather catchers, it is however a great shaver and paired with the Corrux blade left me smooth skinned with zero irritation.
The Golden Sand perfume oil is absolutely divine, it's a hard one to discribe but truly wonderful. (Full discription on scent of the day)

Wishing you all a fab weekend........:)

Last edited:
Date: 19 August 2017 is nearly 7am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synth. 26/63mm knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #5
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

SOTD: 19th August 2017.
1.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men~ Active Clean Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Horsehair.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Chinese Cologne Soap .

Blade: Personna Lab Blue . (1)

Razor: Parker 99R .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./ Davidoff~ Coolwater Aftershave .

Gillette A/S Balm.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend,i've been looking in my shaving den to dig out shaving gear that hasn't appeared in my shaving set ups for a while .

My Parker 99R paired up wonderfully with the personna lab blue, resulting in a 3 pass + pick up shave with no errors to report.

Finshing the shave off with a generous splash of Davidoff coolwater.

My face is feel silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
View attachment 28177 ~SOTD~ 19th August Saturday

Eary morning shave.......

Prep.....Hot shower ~ olive oil soap
Razor....Ever Ready 1924 Shovel Head
Blade....Ever Ready Corrux NOS
Soap.....Speick Stick, Tallow
Brush.....Razorock Big Bruce
Post.....BBA PS Balm
Scent.....Golden Sand oil - Mr Perfume

My first shave with the 1924 travel razor with it's really short handle but I did not find it a problem. Loaded with a freshly stropped Corrux it shaved wonderfully.
The brush was great at face lathering and the Speick shave soap was outstanding in its performance.
The Shovel Head in my opinion lacks some of the charm of the 1912 and 1914, it is however a great shaver and paired with the Corrux blade left me smooth skinned with zero irritation.
The Golden Sand perfume oil is absolutely divine, it's a hard one to discribe but truly wonderful. (Full discripion on scent of the day)

Wishing you all a fab weekend........:)

...+1 on the brush and soap...

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Lavender and Peppermint
Razor: Gillette Guard
Post: More cold water, Vitamin E oil, Cella Eau dear Lavande
IMG_20170819_080316.jpg
I've seen a few people on SotD use these, so I thought I'd give one a go, as it might be handy for travels or dreaded hospital visits.
They're not for me.
On about 15hrs growth it took three passes, wtg, xtg, and atg to get a ccs. I normally attain my goal of a dfs in two.
@Floid_Maniac delete that post in the "Best SE out there" thread, quick before someone thinks you're serious ;):)

Last edited:
SOTD_20170819-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Candidius - Favoriet
  • Shaving Brush: Wolf Whiskers - Tuxedo (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Meißner Tremonia - Wild Oranges
  • After-Shave: Meißner Tremonia - Wild Oranges - Balm
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Roi d'Orient

Saturday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Shower and face wash with Wright's Cold Tar Soap, followed by Warm water and Village Barbour Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - ATT SE1
Blade - Kai Captain Mild (Pink) (7)
Soap - Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Buddha Wood Shaving Soap.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Synthetic Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" Aftershave, followed by Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Buddha Wood Soothing Post Shave Balm.

Great shave, 3 pass: WTG; ATG and XTG.

I really noticed how efficient a SE razor and blade can be compared with a DE. Love both!

Skin feels good and smooth.

Have a great day all. Its good to see the TSR back up and running. I was getting withdraw symptoms :)

All the best,

Chris

Good to 'see' everyone again.

Saturday...

Soap - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Feather AC Japanese
Blade - Feather Proguard #2
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - Fine Platinum after shave

I'm really enjoying the kamisori. Even the ambidextry (is that even a term?) is improving. 3 passes and getting a smoother result with each shave. The Wickham's gave a great lather and the glide, cushion and protection were excellent. This, and the OSP are my go-to artisan soaps.

The Fine, as usual, gives a lovely cool menthol burn; with a nod to (the expensive and over-rated imo) Creed Aventis.

Have a great weekend, Folks.
20170819_095843.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt170819.jpg

- L&L Grooming Southern Paradise
- Semogue Owners Club Special Edition 2012
- Rockwell 6C (R2) with Windrose D7-handle and Feather
- Isana Free Space Aftershave

:)

The Feather blade is a curious fit to the Rockwell. With plates R1 and R2 I had a nice shave, not BBS but well enough, and I could hear but hardly feel the blade. With plates R3 and R4 I again had a nice shave, less smooth but not uncomfortable... and then the Aftershave burned on my neck with an intensity I haven't felt in a very long time. Like, ouch! Today back with the R2 plate the shave was okay again all around. o_O

Back
Top Bottom