Shave gear for travel

Hi All,

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so apologies if it's misplaced.

I'm hoping for some recommendations on 'travel size' shave software - I'll be doing a number of short 'hand baggage only' trips shortly and would like to take some decent kit. Obviously DE blades are out, so it'll be the Sensor Excel.

Anyone know of good sources for small (<100ml) deodorants, soaps, creams, balms etc please? Mr_Perfume has me sorted for fragrances with the 3ml 'roll on' bottles, but all my other kit is in large bottles/tubs.

Ta!

Boots the Chemist and some supermarkets sell empty tiny bottles and tubs. Creams will easily transfer to tiny tubs that seal like Tupperware. That must be the easiest and cheapest way to solve the problem. I have a couple of small screw top tubs rescued from my wife - they had contained her hand cream, but they are ideal for travelling shaving supplies.

I decant aftershaves in small bottles and creams in small containers or take a shaving stick. A brush and a Bic metal complete my travel kit.

The aftershave in the first picture was sourced after reaching my destination.

J2u2fUx.jpg

Kg5Hy7g.jpg

There are numerous small travel containers if you do a search for them. For cream, I bought a travel size tub from Taylor's of Bond street. This is a very well made tub and can be refilled when you have used the cream.

asda do a travel set for a couple of quid.
3 x 100 ml bottles, one with sprayer
2 small tubs about 20-30 ml
in a clear zip loc case

Thanks folks, some food for thought. I have some empty plastic pots stashed in the camping kit that might work, but decanting might get messy!

I've just realised this might be an excuse to look for a travel brush... I could do with something that has a cover!

I have a Mùhle brush which disappears into its aluminium tumble. It is synthetic so dries quickly. It's so good, I use it every day instead of my badger one.

I mostly fly when I travel, so I pack all my personal care items in my carry-on bag. My travel shave kit is simple:

- Sensor cartridge razor
- Medium-size Muhle synthetic brush carried in a clear pill container with holes punched in the cap
- Tabac shaving soap stick
- Aftershave splash decanted into a 60 ml TOBS aftershave bottle
- Styptic pencil

All the above meet international regulations for carry-on items when flying.

I mostly fly when I travel, so I pack all my personal care items in my carry-on bag. My travel shave kit is simple:

- Sensor cartridge razor
- Medium-size Muhle synthetic brush carried in a clear pill container with holes punched in the cap
- Tabac shaving soap stick
- Aftershave splash decanted into a 60 ml TOBS aftershave bottle
- Styptic pencil

All the above meet international regulations for carry-on items when flying.

Simpson's small travel tube;
Omega Mixed Midget contained therein;
Palmolive Shave Stick (or grated);
Gillette Aluminium Tech in wallet.

Ooh... I like that brush, but I'm guessing they might be hard to find if it's half a century old! There's a boar travel brush on sale for £6 at Shaving Time - must be worth a punt.
I have one of these I got mine from Connaughts, I am guessing these are made by Omega as the one I have is branded Omega. It makes a very nice travel brush, I usually take this when I travel and/or a synthetic brush from the Body Shop or a Real Shaving Co. one. They are all cheap, easily replaceable but all work well.

Back
Top Bottom