Seriously Annoyed

OSP

Hey gents.

Hope you are all well.

So some of you may know that I swear by TGN Finest knots. They are literally the only knot I want to use. However, a brush making artisan made me a lovely brush but when I used it I realised that the TGN finest knot just wasn't. Upon contacting the artisan, he seemed surprised but contacted TGN. Their reply was that they had changed suppliers!!!!

So now I have nowhere to go. I cannot find a knot I like.

So guess what I am going to do?

Thats right, a kilo of synthetic hair is on its way so I can practice tying my own knots. If all goes to plan I will then be able to make my own brushes from scratch so I can 100% control the quality, seeing as everywhere I turn I seem to get let down.

Watch this space.

Last edited:
Hey gents.

Hope you are all well.

So some of you may know that I swear by TGN Finest knots. They are literally the only knot I want to use. However, a brush making artisan made me a lovely brush but when I used it I realised that the TGN finest knot just wasn't. Upon contacting the artisan, he seemed surprised but contacted TGN. Their reply was that they had changed suppliers!!!!

So now I have nowhere to go. I cannot find a not I like.

So guess what I am going to do?

Thats right, a kilo of synthetic hair is on its way so I can practice tying my own knots. If all goes to plan I will then be able to make my own brushes from scratch so I can 100% control the quality, seeing as everywhere I turn I seem to get let down.

Watch this space.
As always James, the best of luck to you.

It seems to me that every supplier of badger hair suffers a degree of variability with their badger hair quality. I guess that comes with a natural product.

It certainly can be annoying.... Especially when buying one of the more expensive brushes!!!

Good luck @OSP! Hope you nail it. Will be waiting to try one of your knots! :)

I wonder how many badgers are left in the world? There can't be that many left in China....Mind you there isn't much of anything left there. They'll eat owt.
The Chinese Breed Badgers for their Hair..They are Farmed..It has been Suggested that a lot Depends on the Quality of the Feeding & Environment..Its Also been Suggested that Natural Badgers in their Own Natural Habitat Produce Higher Quality Badger Hair..Sounds a Bit Like Common Sense to Me..:)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom