Seems I'm back again...

Hello again,

It's been a good number of years since
I stalked this forums! Last time
I caught the DE bug hard and got quite tired of a rather large collection and unsatisfactory shaves slipping back into cartridge use, gels and Nivea aftershave; which although suits isn't very satisfying!

Although vowing never to comeback I guess the intention was always there with a hidden stash of DE blades and a Semogue owners club tucked away.

My biggest issue was always irritation was what appeared to be the soaps, but I always thought it to be the brushes.

I think a synthetic will help, so I've ordered a chubby synthetic and some simpsons soap, the DE can come later this time!

Welcome back.

In my experience, synthetics are nicer on the face when dried. I can feel a little disconfor when the brush is wet (with lather) - I also get a little disconfor with boars brushes, different to synthetics though.

I prefer a good badger brush that now you can get for under £40.

I made the switch from cartridge razors and once I found the right blade and my technique was sorted..... I knew I was never going back. I threw all my cartridge razors in the bin and not once I've missed any of them.

The razor was Merkur 34C but could have been the other beginner's razor EJ89 just as well.

Good luck

Hello again,

It's been a good number of years since
I stalked this forums! Last time
I caught the DE bug hard and got quite tired of a rather large collection and unsatisfactory shaves slipping back into cartridge use, gels and Nivea aftershave; which although suits isn't very satisfying!

Although vowing never to comeback I guess the intention was always there with a hidden stash of DE blades and a Semogue owners club tucked away.

My biggest issue was always irritation was what appeared to be the soaps, but I always thought it to be the brushes.

I think a synthetic will help, so I've ordered a chubby synthetic and some simpsons soap, the DE can come later this time!

Welcome back! Have you persevered?

If you got on well with the Simpsons creams we still have a few in stock with 25% off!!! http://www.agentshave.co.uk/brands/Simpsons.html

Agent L

Back
Top Bottom