Scent to match Egyptian Musk soap - help?

Hi all.

As the title says, I'm looking for some help getting a scent to match a soap.

On a fairly recent trip to NY I treated myself to a few items from Pasteur's Pharmacy. One soap I bought was Crown King Red Egyptian Musk. I've not used it yet, but feel it is time for it to enter rotation as it seems (to me) to be quite an autumnal scented soap.

I have a fairly limited collection of ASLs and EDTs, none of which come close to matching the soap, so I am looking to get something that will compliment it.

I found these scent notes online -

Red Egyptian Musk is an exotic and sensual fragrance that will stir up desire and mystery...that few can resist. The vast expansiveness of the ancient desert-scape, the riddle of The Sphinx; Powdery soft woody notes dance on top of a warm, tender musk that surrounds a beatific floral accord and is brightened by a splash of citrus.

So, over to all you scent experts out there for some recommendations as I have no idea.

Thanks in advance - David.

There are lots of Musk and Musky Aftershaves, and the ones I have are quite different from each other, like; Old Spice musk, Brut musk, P. Clubman musk and Denim musk and the famous good old Jovan Musk.
My suggestion would be, just pop in to your local Boots and they sell Jovan Musk and if you are lucky it maybe on offer, even if it is not it's not very expensive anyway and it is a wonderful aftershave. The rest I mentioned can be bought from the net, Denim Musk is inexpensive as well and the scent is great.

Thanks Guys.

Jovan came up in my searches, so will give that a sniff next time I'm in Boots.

I've looked at Mr_Perfume's ebay shop. Quite a daunting selection for a newbie. I take it despite the small bottle sizes these are strong, a little goes a long way?

Cheers - David.

Thanks Guys.

Jovan came up in my searches, so will give that a sniff next time I'm in Boots.

I've looked at Mr_Perfume's ebay shop. Quite a daunting selection for a newbie. I take it despite the small bottle sizes these are strong, a little goes a long way?

Cheers - David.
Those little bottles are 100% perfume oil, no alcohol so the fag is strong and you just need a small application of it. :)

Indeed! Just a dab on the wrists and behind the ears. They do a straight-up Egyptian Musk (I'm sure they do ... it's "a thing"). If you were so inclined, you could buy some perfumers' alcohol and make up a spray from these oils - 10% would make a strong concoction, up to 50ml for a 3ml vial is quite usable.

Antonio, just wondering what your thoughts are on the Red Egyptian Musk Oil you ordered from Mr_Perfume?

Thanks - David.

I have actually had a cold since I got it so my sense of smell isn't the best right now and I'm not the best at describing scents anyway. I must admit to struggling to smell it at first it seems so “mild”. The most I have got so far is a mix of washing powder, linen and damp wool. Maybe I will have a better idea when I get rid of this cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom