Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica matching cologne?

I love all the scents of Saponificio Varesino soaps but Tundra Artica is probably my favourite. Has anyone come across a cologne to match or come close to the scent? I'm after a cologne/fragrance not an aftershave. I've also tried the matching Aftershave Balm and I'm not a fan as it leaves my skin sticky.

http://www.saponificiovaresino.com/...shaving-soap/after-shave-tundra-artica-100ml/

Cheers
Rob
I got aqua de parma oud copy from mr perfume on ebay and it smells just like the tundra artica soap smelling them side by side its near enough a match when it dries , its the only scent iv came across that smells like any of the sv soaps :)

I got aqua de parma oud copy from mr perfume on ebay and it smells just like the tundra artica soap smelling them side by side its near enough a match when it dries , its the only scent iv came across that smells like any of the sv soaps :)

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually have a sample of the ADP oud (original). I'll try it again thank you.

I've been speaking to a few people on Basenotes about matches and one of them has recommended Le Labo Rose 31. I tried yesterday and to me it smells the same as ADP oud and Tom Ford oud wood. It could be the ADP copy you have might be slightly different to the original but smells close to the SV soap? I'll order a bottle later.

Cheers
Rob

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually have a sample of the ADP oud (original). I'll try it again thank you.

I've been speaking to a few people on Basenotes about matches and one of them has recommended Le Labo Rose 31. I tried yesterday and to me it smells the same as ADP oud and Tom Ford oud wood. It could be the ADP copy you have might be slightly different to the original but smells close to the SV soap? I'll order a bottle later.

Cheers
Rob
iv never tried the original so I Cant Compare But this Copy is Really Nice :)

Reviving this thread as I have news.

Some time back I bought a brush from @Sid James Being the kind and thoughtful chap he is, he also included a very generous decant of Acqua Di Parma Ambra. I tried it at the time and although I did like it I found it a little heavy for me. Time pasted and tried it a couple more times and it really grew on me.

On Saturday I fancied using Tundra Artica as I hadn't used it in ages. When I opened the box the scent hit me and I had an eureka moment. I dug out the Ambra decant and gave it a sniff and it's pretty close. The Ambra is much deeper and richer than Tundra Artica but it's the closest I've got.

It's very expensive but I would highly recommend buying a sample to try. When I'm feeling flush I will be buying a full bottle.
ADP have just changed the packaging to their 'Ingredient Collection' (dark brown bottles) so there might be some discounted offers on the old packaged bottles?

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Acqua-di-Parma/Colonia-Ambra-30427.html

As a side note: I used the ‘new' Tundra Artica' aftershave splash/balm and I much preferred it to the original version. I didn't like the original as I found it left my skin very sticky. I gave the original away to @Dr Watson who really liked it. I've recently read he doesn't like the latest version so go figure?

@Mr Bigmem
@TomG

Cheers
Rob

New packaging:

o.64037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom