S.O.T.D. Saturday 4th Febuary to Friday 10th Febuary 2017

SOTD: 4th Febuary 2017.
A.Saturday Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Merkur 37C.

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (new)

Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap:Tabac Original.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./ Tabac Original A/S.

Boots: Freshwood A/S Balm.

Maiden voyage of newly purchased Merkur 37C. To make it a pleasurable experience i've matched it up with a Gillette Silver blue blade ,and Tabac Original which is probably one of my favourite shaving soap..The verdict? a totally superb razor, a very efficient piece of engineering, which provided me with a 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..I thought it was going to be very aggressive, but it wasn't at all,absolutely no pressure at all is required with this little lady..My face feel's super smooth and refreshed.Enjoy your day, gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
View attachment 23401

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Face Lather.

Maiden voyage of newly purchased Merkur 37C. To make it a pleasurable experience i've matched it up with a Gillette Silver blue blade ,and Tabac which is probably one of my favourite shaving soap..The verdict? a totally superb razor, a very efficient piece of engineering, which provided me with a 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..I thought it was going to be very aggressive, but it wasn't at all,absolutely no pressure at all is required with this little lady..My face feel's super smooth and refreshed.Enjoy,your day gentlemen.:cool:
The 37C punches way above its weight. It's on par with my ATT S1 but at a fraction of the price. Both shaves deliver great results just in a different way.

The 37C punches way above its weight. It's on par with my ATT S1 but at a fraction of the price. Both shaves deliver great results just in a different way.
I can't comment on the ATT S1 , haven't had the pleasure... but my shave today with my 37C was probably one of the closest shaves i've had since i started DE shaving in 2016..it's definitely on a equal par to my Muhle R41 & Fatip Grande, of which i consider two of the best DE razors on the market for a very reasonable price, i can now undoubtedly add a third.. the Merkur 37C .A superb razor.Regards.:)

Last edited:
View attachment 23401

Pre:

Face Lather.

Maiden voyage of newly purchased Merkur 37C. To make it a pleasurable experience i've matched it up with a Gillette Silver blue blade ,and Tabac which is probably one of my favourite shaving soap..The verdict? a totally superb razor, a very efficient piece of engineering, which provided me with a 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..I thought it was going to be very aggressive, but it wasn't at all,absolutely no pressure at all is required with this little lady..My face feel's super smooth and refreshed.Enjoy,your day gentlemen.:cool:
+1 couldn't agree more on the Tabac Original.

Sat 4th Feb

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
OSP Bay Rum
The General + New handle
Feather Pro [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

The General from the off provides a good shave, but personally I found it rather light. As a result
I tried an alternative S/S handle, and found the extra weight helped the shaving experience.

Out of the blue I received an unexpected gift from James@Acer89, a Chunky Silver Powder
coated handle. Well , I had to try that one out and found the finish married up quite well with that of the Razor.

Though the Handle is quite Chunky, I found that even though using a Feather Pro for the second time, I was able to have a most comfortable and assured Shave. Pleasingly not only was the Shave exceedingly smooth, but also very close all round.

IMG_1147.jpg

k8UYSW4h.jpg

Certified smooth!

SOTD 04/02/17
Morning gents,
Can't believe it's already February,
Arrived home yesterday after spending the month in Germany, had a few new bits from P&B when I arrived.
Had a real smooth no dramas shave, used my bowl for the first time and I can understand now why people use them, the spitfire soap exploded as soon as I started whipping it up, top performance as we all expect from P&B. My first exposure to the balm and solid cologne, first impression is they are both excellent, I originally thought the tins were Abit small but once I'd used them I reckon they will last for an absolute age so happy with that. Used my trusty vintage stainless steel 5/8 Bismarck, extra hollow, this really is a great little blade, ploughs through hair and is real comfortable to use. I can report no mishaps and one smooth shave all round .the solid cologne is a clone of the soap and mrs Bates loves it, a little bit goes a long way, another great product from P&B.
Wishing you all a great weekend, looking forward to spending some time with the family.
Cheers gents
Pre: hot shower and bulldog face wash
Soap: Phoenix and beau Spitfire
Brush: 22mm razorock plissoft
Razor: vintage stainless steel 5/8 Bismarck, extra hollow
Strop: westholme 3 inch double sided hanging.
Post shave: Phoenix and Beau unscented balm
Scent: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne

Last edited:
SOTD 04/02/17
Morning gents,
Can't believe it's already February,
Arrived home yesterday after spending the month in Germany, had a few new bits from P&B when I arrived.
Had a real smooth no dramas shave, used my bowl for the first time and I can understand now why people use them, the spitfire soap exploded as soon as I started whipping it up, top performance as we all expect from P&B. My first exposure to the balm and solid cologne, first impression is they are both excellent, I originally thought the tins were Abit small but once I'd used them I reckon they will last for an absolute age so happy with that. Used my trusty vintage stainless steel 5/8 Bismarck, extra hollow, this really is a great little blade, ploughs through hair and is real comfortable to use. I can report no mishaps and one smooth shave all round .the solid cologne is a clone of the soap and mrs Bates loves it, a little bit goes a long way, another great product from P&B.
Wishing you all a great weekend, looking forward to spending some time with the family.
Cheers gents
Pre: hot shower and bulldog face wash
Soap: Phoenix and beau Spitfire
Brush: 22mm razorock plissoft
Razor: vintage stainless steel 5/8 Bismarck, extra hollow
Strop: westholme 3 inch double sided hanging.
Post shave: Phoenix and Beau unscrnted balm
Scent: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne

Top write up Brad.
Never heard of a 'Solid Cologne' before. Is it like a bar of soap? The tin looks cool too.

I'm afraid Spitfire didn't agree with my skin.

Top write up Brad.
Never heard of a 'Solid Cologne' before. Is it like a bar of soap? The tin looks cool too.

I'm afraid Spitfire didn't agree with my skin.
it's kind of like a tin of Vaseline that's been in the fridge overnight,
I must admit I didn't realise solid cologne was a thing but it makes sense to me now I've used It.
Spitfire has to be one of my favourites in all honesty, I recently had some American soap and my face reacted to It bad, Shame really because the scent and performance was brilliant,
Im afraid we can't have everything can we haha .
Enjoy your weekend Matey

Saturday...

Soap - P&B Star Noir
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Aristocrat 1947
Blade - Astra SP #3
Post - Thayer's and Fine Platinum a/s

Not sure what happened with Star Noir today. I must have sealed the tub when it was damp last time, because it was incredibly soft today and the lather was a bit 'sticky'. But with a bit more water on the brush, the consistency was perfect. I should have left the lid off to let it dry, I guess.

Great shave, though. Glide and protection excellent; and the Aristocrat worked well with the Astra.
20170204_112446.jpg

Morning all

Pre - Hot bath, hot shower - no interruptions from the grandson
Soap - Executive Shaving Co - Natural Shaving Cream
Razor - Merkur 25c
Brush - Vulfix Simpson synthetic brush
Blade - Voskhod teflon coated
Post Shave - Executive Shaving intensive moisturising balm
Post Shave - La Toja aftershave Lotion - LOVE THIS STUFF

Not the best shave, not sure why. Try again tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom