S.O.T.D. Saturday 29th April to Friday 5th May 2017

SOTD:29th April 2017.
A1.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien~Men: Tropical blast Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Boots: Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream .

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Nivea Men Originals .

Blade: Gillette 7'oClock Super Stainless.(0)

Razor: Muhle R41 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Duru:Lemon Cologne A/S .

Arko "Fresh" A/S Balm.

Greetings,
A new shave set up to start the weekend..every friday i go through my shaving den,and pick out what i'm going to use for the coming week SOTD'S, and take the photos in advanced to save me taking them before each shave.. as i was choosing which soaps & creams to use i noticed i had five unopened tubes of nivea mens original creams..i bought a batch of them last year,when my local poundworld had them on offer at two tubes for a pound!.so i got five pounds worth,which added to the other two tubes i already had!.Anyway....

I forgot all about them so i thought it was a good time to start using them up.creams always provide me with wonderful slick smooth protective rich lather in no time..the R41/7'oClock SS was a excellent match..each time i shave with my R41 now i always get good results,i'm finally getting to master using her.;).. Just the lightest of touch, and it cuts through the stubble very efficient.

Another 3 pass+ pickups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.Enjoy your day,ladies&gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 29th April

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Tabac soap
General [Alu. ]
Schick Proline P-20 [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S lotion

After a good Shave with a Hawk, today was better as I find that the General with a heavier handle, but
using a Schick blade too is just that bit more efficient.

So with a nice lather from my newly acquired Tabac Bowl , I got what seemed a really quick and smooth ultra close
Shave. Perhaps the Brass General is better in terms of weight than Aluminium Version, but I still feel the handle
needs a bit more grip.

IMG_1267.jpg

Razor ,, ATT R2 Kronos
Blade ,, Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush ,, Simpson Duke 3 best
Soap ,, The Fat
Post ,, Thayers WH , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S ,, Davidoff cool water
20170426_194916.jpg
Enjoyable Saturday shave although I did have a slight bit of irritation on the lower right side of my neck.
Oh well, can't win them all !
Another trip in the motorhome, Scottish Borders this time.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL.

Razor ,, ATT R2 Kronos
Blade ,, Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush ,, Simpson Duke 3 best
Soap ,, The Fat
Post ,, Thayers WH , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S ,, Davidoff cool water
View attachment 24980
Enjoyable Saturday shave although I did have a slight bit of irritation on the lower right side of my neck.
Oh well, can't win them all !
Another trip in the motorhome, Scottish Borders this time.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL.
Enjoy your weekend,Pat.;)

iEztBLGh.jpg

Getting the long weekend off to a good start with some Nuàvia Verde & a spritz of Fève Délicieuse.

Stirling 'Rose'
SOC Cherrywood
Timeless .68OC dimpled handle
Treet Platinum #4
Trumpers Coral Skinfood
Amouage Lyric Man

A Rose themed shave, the rose sent on the Stirling is not the best but ok, good shave apart from a couple of weepers on my chin. Smell great with the Amouage. Have a chilled out weekend folks.
What's your opinion on Lyric Man @Wazzer3? I know it gets a lot of love, but I've never been able to test it. Keen to hear your thoughts.

1fh114.jpg

Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable ‘F3' w/ Supermax Platinum (2)
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Coconut Oud
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours

All black everything today, what a soap and what a scent. I was unsure what to expect but I loved it. Very Oud dominant and not much coconut but it was most pleasant.
The blade worked well in the razor again, quite like these Supermax blades. Oud 24 Hours worked well with the soap, nice pairing.
Hoping a neighbour takes in my Parker Variant as I am out for the day and don't want the dreaded red card.

SOTD

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Gillette Superspeed R2
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Silvertip
Cream: Truefitt & Hill Authentic No.10
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Thayers Witch Hazel Unscented, Truefitt & Hill Authentic No.10 Postshave Cologne Balm

20170429_090253 (2).jpg

Found my birth year razor on the bay. Got it from a dealer in the US and received it Wednesday. As Paul Whitehouse would say on The Fast Show - FANTASTIC!!! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom