S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

SOTD: 24th June 2017.
1.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Bristle.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.

Blade: Voskhod. (1)

Razor: Muhle R89.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/ Floid Vigoroso A/S.

The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Gibellini~X- Bolt EDT.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend...

Yesterday evening a friend of mine came to visit and was looking at my DE razor collection and ask me out of all your razors, which gives the best shave?..a hard question to answer..i said they all give a good shave, but some are more efficient than others..He said why have so many razors when one or two give you the same result?...
I said i like to have a variation of razors for each shave set up, and admitted i bought alot of them on impulse buying bouts..This got me thinking , and gave me twinges of 'buyers remorse'..he had a valid point..

Recently i've been wondering why traditional wet shavers,"including myself" are on a quest to buy so much shaving gear?.."I've made a vow with myself, that i don't need anymore gear for a long time..I've still got Cologne+A/S & Creams i've yet to use..I know what your all thinking, "We all say that".. Seriously i'm sticking to my word, until i desperately need another shaving related product....

It's also my personal belief, shaving isn't about having the best "Top of the Range Shaving Products",and hunting down the perfect Razor using the sharpest of blades or the best Brushes... it's all down to mastering your technique,& good preparation, having the 'So called' best gear will make no difference to the shave, if you don't master your technique...Learning the primary principles in anything is essential..But in wet shaving it's vital.

This is why 'including myself,'that we end up with a boat load of items that we may use maybe once or twice, and say 'the razor is too mild' or too aggressive', or' the soap isn't slick anough, "A bad worker always blames his tools"...I could go on, but i won't..because i've made my point..

Let me state this is just my own observations ,and it's still down to personal choice what people buy & use...

Anyway I narrowed my Razor choice down to 4,two of which i first bought last year when i introduced myself to DE shaving which are, Merkur 34HD & the Muhle R89 the reason i chose these two is not because i started out with them no, because both razors are a wonderful every- day razor, which are non aggressive but can be made more aggressive with the right blade choice, both of these German made razors are excellent quality..and are wonderful performers..The 3rd & 4th razor choice are my Muhle R41& Merkur 37C. which i use when i require a more efficient shave.

Yes it's a all German made product choice, the performance quality, & build of these razors, are superb, at a very reasonable price...all of the razors have great shaving qualities.

I still however, don't regret buying any of my other DE razors, as over the last few months i've had some ruthless den clean out's and passed on shaving gear i won't use to friends, the shaving gear i'm left with(Which is still a substantial amount), i now use regularly in my shaving rotation and none of it is left gathering dust, or i've kept for sentimental value...

Back to the shave....

The Voskhod /R89 paired up nicely..Very smooth & efficient.My Muhle R89 isn't an aggressive razor but every time i use it in my razor rotation i get a great shave from her..

She's called (Mia), 'all my DE razors are ladies' of which i treat all with the same respect if not, they will bite me!

A excellent 3 pass +pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

My face is super smooth & smelling devine.;)

I'm ready for what the start of the weekend has to offer.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Shower
Vegetal Soap - Lilly Of The Valley
Floid - Aceite De Afeitado
Claus Porto - Musgo Real Orange Amber Shaving Cream
Semogue - 1305 Boar
Face Lathering
Ever Ready - 1912
GEM - PTFE (7) Forearm Stropped
WTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Tüff - Sensitiv Unscented After Shave
Claus Porto - Musgo Real Orange Amber Eau de Cologne

What a great shave this morning. Claus Porto`s Musgo Real Orange Amber Eau de Cologne is the perfect scent for Klaus Kinski acting in Werner Herzog`s movie Fitzcarraldo. This is mediterranean barbershop scent at its best. I love it.

Last edited:
Shower
Vegetal Soap - Lilly Of The Valley
Floid - Aceite De Afeitado
Claus Porto - Musgo Real Orange Amber Shaving Cream
Semogue - 1305 Boar
Face Lathering
Ever Ready - 1912
GEM - PTFE (7) Forearm Stropped
WTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Tüff - Sensitiv Unscented After Shave
Claus Porto - Musgo Real Orange Amber Eau de Cologne

What a great shave this moring. Claus Porto`s Musgo Real Orange Amber Eau de Cologne is the perfect scent for Klaus Kinski acting in Werner Herzog`s movie Fitzcarraldo. This is mediterranean barbershop scent at its best. I love it.

Nice set up..I've yet to try the Musgo Real Orange Amber Eau, it sounds wonderful..i was giving a sample of Claus Porto Musgo cologne no.4 Lavender which was excellent.. i'll keep that in mind to purchase in the future.at the moment though,i'm still overwelmed with Aftershaves & colognes..I've still got a bottle of Selin Lemon cologne which i haven't yet tried..I love Floid A/S..the menthol kick is wonderful.Regards.;)
PS:your musical tastes are excellent.

Today's shave:

rdt170624.jpg

- Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
- Edwin Jagger STF XL (Thanks again to @SeanC !)
- MÜHLE Rocca w/ custom handle and Sputnik blade
- La Toja Aftershave Lotion

:D

image.jpg SOTD Saturday 24th June

Prep....Shower, Olive oil soap
Razor....Gillettte Asylum 1952
Blade....Feather stainless
Soap....L'Occitane Cade
Brush....Zennith boar
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent....Creed sublime Vanille (Oil Mr Perfume)

Razor on loan from @Wayne Pritchard , thanks Wayne.

The razor gave a better shave with the Feather but still very mild, saying that it still gave me a good shave, the soap was very good indeed as was the Zennith boar, all in all a good close shave finnished off with the great smelling creed copy Sublime Vanille.....wonderful.

Wishing you all a fab weekend......:)

Saturday

Man Cave Olivestone Facial scrub
Palmolive Palm extract Cream
Semogue 1250 Brush
PAA Bakelite open comb slant with a Voskhod Blade (#2)
Witch Hazel
Lacura Duo-Lift Balm
Old Spice Musk AS

Off work today and motorcycle maintenance to do on my partner's bike. Have to get it MOT'd for her on Monday. Decided to keep the shave basic today and it is always a good thing to be reminded that you dont have to spend a lot of money to get a fantastic shave!
The 1250 is probably my favourite boar brush....the Palmolive delivered as usual....and while looking for my Old Spice ,I found 2 unopened pumps of the Lacura Duo-Lift which is sadly no longer available.

An excellent smooth 3 pass BBS shave. Have a great day everyone!

Sat 24th June

Vulfix 404 mixed
Blues Soap
Schick Golden 500
Schick Proline Type B [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Have not used this Razor for some time now , but thought that as it is one of the modern Schicks that can only use a single blade , it would be a good test bed for this AC type blade.As no trimming of the blade is required, the only problem is loading as the blades come in keyless dispenser. This is not a problem as they can easily be transferred by hand, into a spare keyed dispenser.

So far,once blades have been cross loaded into an Original Injector Blade dispenser I have no problems loading them into the two Vintage Razors that i have used. As for the Shave, with its very long handle I have likened the Razor to a Magic wand which whacks the whiskers away, with the Proline it is smoother than ever, mild but extremely efficient. All in all a nice comfortable shave with an excellent all round finish.

IMG_1352.jpg

19425168_1490169757711230_7897467305607561216_n.jpg

Brush: Vie Long 04503
Razor: Gibbs No 16
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
Soap: Stirling Soaps Weekend In Malibu

What a lovely fresh soap, a very nice soap for Summer. A blind buy but you do get great scents and performance with Stirling, never had a soap I hated from them (aside from a sample of Texas On Fire)..

Great shave with the Gibbs, finally my lip felt healed enough to take off my 3 day moustache. Great start to the weekend, shame about the Lions!

Back
Top Bottom