S.O.T.D Saturday 21th October - Friday 27th October 2017

Date: 21 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Limited Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk 3x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice Cobalt
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Sputnik #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser

Wow!! I can't believe the Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum Coated blade edge finished at 2 shaves maximum with the R41, so I've place a new blade Gillette Sputnik and see how far this can last using the R41.

0hWqN8f.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Razorock Baby Smooth Ti
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Maseto 2-band Finest
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

SOTD: 21st October 2017.
1.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470 .

face Lather.

Soap : MWF .

Blade: Voskhod T.C. (1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000S . (Settings) 2. WTG, 2.5 XTG, 4. ATG.+ Pick up's

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lavender+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. / Brut ~ Attraction Totale A/S.

Gillette A/S Balm.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend, the Ming Shi 2000S / Voskhod T.C. paired up wonderfully together resulting in a very enjoyable 3 pass + pick up's silky smooth shave with no errors to report...The Ming Shi 2000S is my favourite DE razor at the moment, it doesn't matter what blade i pair this razor up with, the shaving performance & results are always superb.

The MWF soap provides a wonderful slickness & protection, the post shave feeling after the shave with this soap is incredible.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt171021.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe
- Nightdiver's Purple Horse
- Gillette Slim Twist with Sputnik blade
- A.Moras & Comp. Russisch Leder aftershave

:)

No idea how old the aftershave is. Judging by the box it was in maybe from the 80es at the latest? It turned up in the back of a drawer at my father's, and he doesn't remember how long he's had it or where it's from. In all likelihood it was a gift, as I've never seen him own any kind of wetshaving accessory (he's always been a faithful adherer to Braun electric shavers, without pre or post anything). Some ingredients have separated and it's rather murky, but still usable.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Saturday 21st October

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Kropp 7/8ths
Soap ~ P.160 Tipo Duro
Brush ~ Razorock silvertip synth
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ L'Occitane Edt

The razor, A Kropp 7/8ths acquired from @Benz3ne and Honed stropped and polished by @Fergiebilly and shaved with by me and very good it was too! Although I think very good too!is not good enough when discribing a shave from a freshly honed and stropped blade ,from @Fergiebilly it was fantastic! The stubble just ran off in fear of the blade! There is nothing quite like a shave from a blade that you know will be good so you can concentrate on your shaving skills and really enjoy the shave
Thanks to everyone involved, much appreciated.
The soap is top draw and not only performed well through the shave but left me with a great post shave feel too, topped off by the BBA PSB followed by a body spray of the wonderful EDT from L'Occitane.

I hope you can keep warm and dry today and keep out of harms way.

:)

Last edited:
Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Tabac.
YaQi 28mm Synth Tuxedo.
Little Wren Pottery.
Cobra (on loan).
Kai Captain Mild (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Tabac Aftershave.
Baxters of California Post Shave Balm..
Tabac EDT.

Possibly my last shave with the marvellous Cobra on loan from the equally marvellous @Digimonkey. Decided to give the Kai blade (part of a generous selection of blades sent to me by James over on ATG. What a gent!) a run today and the pairing was excellent. Not quite as efficient as the Proline, but very smooth. My other half is away for the weekend so I could go full throttle on the Tabac. For some reason, she detests the scent. Have a great weekend chaps.

Rainy.

85013754-5_D5_D-402_B-81_B5-31164_EBD9190.jpg

Supply •••
B-20 (#2)
Le Bleu
Midas Synth

Quick pass on neck and cheeks before I visit a couple of uni friends later today. Probably unnecessary but cracked out Le Bleu for the first time - quite different to the Chanel offering but very cologney and right up my street. Plate ••• with the Supply gave far more blade feel which was up my street and gave a nice close shave on my neck. Bit of a tingle sorted out by BBA PSB following a shower and got my Musk on with Christian Dior's Leather Oud EDP. Woof! A mighty beast!

Roll up!

Back
Top Bottom