S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

image.jpg SOTD Saturday 1st July

Prep....Shower, Olive oil soap
Razor....Hone type 15
Blade....Polsilver Stainless (Lodz Poland)
Soap....Klar Sandlewood
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....Thayers Rose petal / BBA post shave balm
Scent....Bond number 9 New York (Mr Perfume)

The Hone fitted with this blade gives a mild but effective shave, the Klar soap (Sandlewood ) is slick and protective with a great scent while shaving.
My Semouge 2000 with my Little a Wren bowl soon whipped up a great creamy lather affording me a smooth comfortable shave that left me as smooth skinned as I require.
Finnishing with a splash of the wonderfully scented rose petal Thayers followed by (once dry) the BBA post shave balm leaving my skin feeling soft and hydrated.
My scent for today is probably one of my favourites from Mr perfume at the moment, very complex and hard for me to discribe but truly wonderful.

Whishing you all a great weekend.....:)

Last edited:
I can't beat @wayne mattison and his magic camera; I can take pleasure in that today marks two years since I "rediscovered" wet shaving after an absence of 40-odd years.

Muhle R89 Twist: my first razor found on Amazon. I have had some 20-odd razors in the past two years, and have narrowed my stash to 3: the Muhle R89 Twist (my first and current love), the Merkur 39C (the only slant anyone needs), and the Parker 22R (an OC that a baby could use without fear and the razor I use twice a year when I don't shave for a week).
PolSilver SI (my all-time favourite blade)
Musgo Real Oak Moss (wonderful cream with a wonderful scent)
Muhle 22mm Silvertip Fibre (my go-to workhorse brush)
Thayer's Original Witch Hazel (@Fergiebilly's only post shave since 1847 (or thereabouts))

It's been a great expedition of discovery the past two years (thanks in great part to this forum, and its weird and wonderful members), and while I don't foresee continually breaking the bank over the "new and improved" offerings @wayne mattison and @Darkbulb bulb will, without doubt, post on a regular basis, I can still enjoy the company without going down the rabbit-hole that makes this forum what it is. (mic drop)

I can't beat @wayne mattison and his magic camera; I can take pleasure in that today marks two years since I "rediscovered" wet shaving after an absence of 40-odd years.

Muhle R89 Twist: my first razor found on Amazon. I have had some 20-odd razors in the past two years, and have narrowed my stash to 3: the Muhle R89 Twist (my first and current love), the Merkur 39C (the only slant anyone needs), and the Parker 22R (an OC that a baby could use without fear and the razor I use twice a year when I don't shave for a week).
PolSilver SI (my all-time favourite blade)
Musgo Real Oak Moss (wonderful cream with a wonderful scent)
Muhle 22mm Silvertip Fibre (my go-to workhorse brush)
Thayer's Original Witch Hazel (@Fergiebilly's only post shave since 1847 (or thereabouts))

It's been a great expedition of discovery the past two years (thanks in great part to this forum, and its weird and wonderful members), and while I don't foresee continually breaking the bank over the "new and improved" offerings @wayne mattison and @Darkbulb bulb will, without doubt, post on a regular basis, I can still enjoy the company without going down the rabbit-hole that makes this forum what it is. (mic drop)
Lovely stuff. Happy anniversary mate.

Feather Artist Club DX • Cadman Gold Carbon Tuxedo • Álvarez Gómez Crema de Afeitar

FullSizeRender.jpg

First shave with the Feather AC. Pretty close and no nics, but slight irritation on the neck.
My left hand definitely needs some training. All in all a surprisingly good first straight shave.​

Razor / ATT SE1 Kronos
Blade / Feather Pro (5)
Bowl / Little wren
Brush / SOC Boar
Soap / OSP Fougere
Post / Thayers cucumber, Aloe Vera Gel
A/S / OSP Fougere tonic
IMG_3139.jpg
Belter of a shave was had , the SE1 didn't mess about with the stubble "sufficiently smooth ".
The wee wren bowl along with the SOC boar churned up a lovely lather from the superb OSP soap, all finished off with a splash of the OSP fougere face tonic.

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND FELLAS

bAeBoVeh.png

I've been sooooooo looking forward to unscrewing the lid on this soap container all frigging week!

Feather Artist Club DX • Cadman Gold Carbon Tuxedo • Álvarez Gómez Crema de Afeitar

View attachment 26525

First shave with the Feather AC. Pretty close and no nics, but slight irritation on the neck.
My left hand definitely needs some training. All in all a surprisingly good first straight shave.​
A simple and very good picture. Well done on your first shave with the Feather AC razor :)

Saturday;

IMG_4808.jpg

I was thinking 3 runs with this razor to get to grips with it was in order and I just took my 'last' day with it this morning. Paired with a mellowed-out Feather Hi Stainless on it's 3rd run made for a very pleasant shave. Neck in 2 passes, cheeks in two passes, the hefty stainless steel razor glided through whatever lay in its way. Glorious face lather with the Maseto and P&B Imperial Rum - the 10 week cure seems to have made a huge difference with the P&B Soap, as well as adding the extra step of rinsing the soap with cold water after I've used it. A very nice scent also in my mind.

I chased up this quick shave with a splash of Boots Bay Rum, with wafts of clove approaching me thereafter while I dried out my equipment. I did have a shower after my shave for a change and there was no irritation, burn, sting, weepers, cuts or nicks at any point during or following my shave! I'm happy and smooth and smelling fresh with a dab or 6 of Al Rehab Silver. I'm hoping the Merkur 37c I've bought turns up Monday as I think that'll be the next one I rotate into my routine!

Onto the next one, chaps!

Back
Top Bottom