S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st April to Friday 7th April 2017

SOTD: 1st April 2017.
A.Sat 3 (2).JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Dove-Cool Fresh body & face wash / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword .

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Erasmic .

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (0 )

Razor: Ideal Adjustable (setting 7).

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./ Blue Stratos A/S.

Tesco Body lotion.

Greetings,
a new shave set up to start the weekend..it's been a while since i last used a gillette silver blue, i've carried on with another 'russian made blade' matching it up with my Ideal Russian Adjustable.The Erasmic cream as always,performed wonderfully excellent lather slickness, protection & a great post shave feeling.. resulting in a efficient 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.
My face is feeling smooth clean & fresh, stinking to high heaven, after a generous splash of Blue Stratos. Enjoy the 1st of April,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
MCsZLiQ.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Australian Private Reserve Alfredus Choice
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Last edited:
Saturday 1st April - Patent anniversary of the Ever Ready 1924
Heno de Pravia soap pre-shave
Zenith 507TS
Rose of Bulgaria Cream
Ever Ready 1924
GEM SSC #5 +½ spine shim
Rinse>Alum>Rinse
Blue Stratos A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
BFCpoud.jpg

I only have one 1924 in my collection, but it is a nice cased model with the short handle. The audio feedback from it is astounding, one of the reasons I like it so much.
The Rose of Bulgaria cream was quite a thick consistency and lathered very easily, in fact I had too much in the bowl for the 3pass (note to self, use less cream). It has a lovely, not overpowering rose scent. It is exceptionally slick and will feature highly in future shaves.

Happy Anniversary 1924 aka 'Shovel Head'

Veleiro Exfoliating Soap
Semogue Synthetic Barbear Clássico Limited Edition
Le Pére Lucien Cologne-Fougère
Razorock Hawk Satin Silver coupled with Muhle handle
Kai Captain Titan Mild (x2)
Thayers Rose Petal + EUFROS Fougère

c25566ccd75cabaaa747639802aa3b9b.jpg

A fantastic shave! This razor is my first dive in the SE razor world and I'm really glad I followed the advices of a friend that point me to its direction. The price was also a good incentive as if I wasn't pleased with its performance the loss wouldn't be so great. I definitely recommend to anyone that is curious and never tried an SE razor to try this one.

The soap had its premiére today and it performed beautifully too. Great scent and lather. Very easy to lather and with a slickness and protection as the best soaps I have tried. Top notch. It's great though to experience the different interpretations of Fougère from different artisans. EUFROS fougère soap that I also have is more "fresh", as an explosion of green forest and not as floral as this LPL. I could say that for me, EUFROS it's a summer Fougère, and LPL a winter one.

Have a wonderful weekend friends!

Saturday 1st April - Patent anniversary of the Ever Ready 1924
Heno de Pravia soap pre-shave
Zenith 507TS
Rose of Bulgaria Cream
Ever Ready 1924
GEM SSC #5 +½ spine shim
Rinse>Alum>Rinse
Blue Stratos A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
BFCpoud.jpg

I only have one 1924 in my collection, but it is a nice cased model with the short handle. The audio feedback from it is astounding, one of the reasons I like it so much.
The Rose of Bulgaria cream was quite a thick consistency and lathered very easily, in fact I had too much in the bowl for the 3pass (note to self, use less cream). It has a lovely, not overpowering rose scent. It is exceptionally slick and will feature highly in future shaves.

Happy Anniversary 1924 aka 'Shovel Head'
What a wonderful image!

April Fools.

Niazi 1908 5/8.
Fine Platinum soap.
RazoRock 24mm synth.
Fine Platinum a/s.

No fooling here, chaps and chapettes! A very positive shave - not much prep (a bit of water, dialled in the soap and away to go)! Managed a nice bit of polishing around the Adam's apple, which is usually my issue. Managed to, in turn, miss a patch at the base of my neck... Every day is a school day! Hopped straight in the shower thereafter and chucked on some Fine Platinum a/s thereafter. The A/s bit a bit, made my neck a bit red in places but settled down exceptionally quickly. Smells delightful and a very subtle menthol cool-down. @Blackmass, I'll write a review of the soap and a/s combination shortly (over the next couple of days). To give you a bit of a spoiler, the soap was great. The a/s is great and smells great. I think this could be one of my go-to soaps and I am almost certainly buying the Fine L'orange Noir soap to match the a/s I have...

Hope everyone's weekend is a good one! Mine has started well.

April Fools.

Niazi 1908 5/8.
Fine Platinum soap.
RazoRock 24mm synth.
Fine Platinum a/s.

No fooling here, chaps and chapettes! A very positive shave - not much prep (a bit of water, dialled in the soap and away to go)! Managed a nice bit of polishing around the Adam's apple, which is usually my issue. Managed to, in turn, miss a patch at the base of my neck... Every day is a school day! Hopped straight in the shower thereafter and chucked on some Fine Platinum a/s thereafter. The A/s bit a bit, made my neck a bit red in places but settled down exceptionally quickly. Smells delightful and a very subtle menthol cool-down. @Blackmass, I'll write a review of the soap and a/s combination shortly (over the next couple of days). To give you a bit of a spoiler, the soap was great. The a/s is great and smells great. I think this could be one of my go-to soaps and I am almost certainly buying the Fine L'orange Noir soap to match the a/s I have...

Hope everyone's weekend is a good one! Mine has started well.

Thanks for the tag, really appreciate it.
I already have the Platinum Aftershave, which I love but wanted to hear your thoughts on the soap. Looks like its another one to add to the list.:rolleyes::p:)

Cheers
Rob

Thanks for the tag, really appreciate it.
I already have the Platinum Aftershave, which I love but wanted to hear your thoughts on the soap. Looks like its another one to add to the list.:rolleyes::p:)

Cheers
Rob
I'll give you a more involved review before long but it lathers quickly and thickly and slickly. I'd happily recommend it if I'm honest. It's rumoured to be based on tabac soap for a reference on its performance. :)

Back
Top Bottom