S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th Febuary to Friday 24th Febuary 2017

SOTD: 18th Febuary 2017.
A.1.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.

Soap: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.

Face Lather.

Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (new)

Razor: Merkur 37C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./4711 A/S.

The Real Shaving Co.Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Since i started DE shaving in 2016, i've aquired quite a few DE razors to my now growing shaving den, my Merkur 37C which i bought last month on equal par with my Fatip Grande are both becoming my favourite razors, maybe it's because i'm getting better at my technique & my skin is getting use to DE shaving, but today's shave was sublime, a 3 pass +pick ups silky smooth shave with no irritation or errors to report.
The 4711 A/S complemented the shave excellently. A wonderful shave to start the weekend off very nicely.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Greetings

Saturday 18th February 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Personna Coated
Brush: Thater 2 Band
Soap: Arko Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Aramis Calligraphy Rose

A really nice shave, I like these bog standard Personna blades I know they are somewhat out of 'vogue' but I find they are plenty sharp enough, not so sharp that they are likely to make your face sore and after three passes the result is every bit as good (for me) then with any of the NOS blades that I own and have tried over many years. I also find them more comfortable and more forgiving and of course they are readily available.

Regards
Dick.

18.2.17.JPG

DSC_0583_zpsekftyxwz.jpg

DSC_0590_zpsj6hahj0o.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
NOS Keen Cutter Solingen 11/16th Full Hollow ( Freshly Honed )
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had My Maiden Shave this Morning with My Freshly Honed NOS Keen Cutter 11/16th Simmons Hardware Co St Louis USA that Arrived Yesterday from the States..This is a Very Quiet Shaver for a Full Hollow Grind..It Took a Very Smooth & Keen Edge..I Reckon this was Made in the 20s but it Looks Like a Very Modern Design..Its Very Compact & Aerodynamic in its Appearance..Its a Keeper for Sure..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Saturday 18 Feb

Pre-shave - Hot shower
Pre-shave - Proraso Green
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Merkur 25C
Blade - Feather (1)
Post-shave - La Toja

This is the fourth time the Merkur 25c has been used and it is the fourth blade (Personna, Polsilver SI, and Voskhod used previously). I had been disappointed with the 25c but today with a feather, it was fan-flippin-tastic. The combination for me was sublime and one of my best ever shaves.

Saturday morning.

Razorock 24mm synth.
Niazi Solingen 1908.
P&b Spitfire.
Alum.
Fine L'orange Noir.
Argan oil.

Fantastic shave following a hot shower. Im very nearly almost smooth. I'm getting there but a little way to go. Feeling lovely and smelling great. Happy weekend all.

Edit: the razorock is so much nicer than the body shop synth - I think that it will be hung out to dry...

ATT SE1 Atlas
Feather Pro (7)
Semogue o c 2 band badger
Wickhams 1912 cashmere
Thayers WH, Irisch moos ASB
Razorock xXx A/S
20170218_115622.jpg
Another terrific shave with the SE1, my new brush performed well conjuring up a nice lather from the 1912 .

My firs soap out of the hat for today's shave was the P & B star noir, but it now seems to resemble the putty I have in my garage.
20170218_095421(1).jpg
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND FELLAS

Sat 18th feb

Omega 11126 boar
Blues Soap
PAL Injecto-Matic
Schick NOS [ 8-Sweden ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

Was quite obvious from the outset of the Shave, that the blade was past its best. The Injecto-Matic is normally aggressive but any smoothness had vanished altogether, so was quite a tuggy shave. Having said that, I persevered to the end, and the result Shave finish was surprisingly good.

Nice to reflect on the fact that this Razor is over 50 years old, and I am the first user having got it boxed and unused.
When loaded with a fresh blade it is a great razor, which I have used a Travel razor for short breaks, and am debating
whether or not to take on a forthcoming overseas trip.

IMG_1165.jpg

Saturday AM 2017-02-18

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Elite Razors Blue Lapis Lotus, Manchurian White (26mm/57mm)
Eufros Premium Dama de Nocho shaving soap sample from a friend
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Blue Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (6)
Roger & Gallet L'Homme aftershave (vintage)

The fragrance of the soap is OK for an occasional change, but I wouldn't want it every day, or even frequently.
njIvALM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom