S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th June to Friday 23rd June 2017

SOTD:17th June 2017.
A.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Strawberry & Pomegranate Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl. (Old Formation)

Blade: Bic~Chrome Platinum.(0)

Razor: Parker 48R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/ Brut~Alaska A/S.

Morrisons~Intensive Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,

A early start for me again, and new set up to start the weekend..First time use of the Bic C.P. ..The verdict? it paired up nicely with my Parker 48R , resulting in a 3 pass+ pick ups silky smooth shave, with no errors to report.

My parker collection are becoming my go to razors..i always get good results with them, or my technique is becoming alot better, or a combination of both....

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.

I'm ready for what the start of the weekend has to offer.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 17th June

Omega 11126 boar
Williams AV. Ice Blue cream
Supply Single Edge -Plate 3
NOS Schick Super Chrome coated [ 5]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Williams AV-Ice Blue After Shave.

Nice to have finally got the shaving angle right on the Single Edge. The Shave is now not only smooth
but also very efficient, and seemed unaffected by using a cream.Now this Razor which I had nearly given up on, will figure in my rotation.

IMG_1343.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 20170617

2w5zPtH.jpg

Brush: Cadman with finest knot (24 mm - loft 50 mm).
Shaving soap: Jabones by Luna "Limón" (sample).
Razor: Fatip / custom handle.
Blade: 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (6).
After shave: Hawkins & Brimble balm.

image.jpg SOTD 17th June

Prep....Shower, olive oil soap
Razor....Colonial Razors, brass General
Blade....Feather pro super #10
Soap.....Mama Bears " Creme Brûlée "
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent....Molecule 01

Generous soap sample kindly given to me by @Digimonkey , thank you I. :)

A great shave this morning, the razor and blade combo is just fantastic giving me perfect shaves every time.
The Mama Bears Creme Brûlée soap smelled good enough to eat! It lathered easly and offered good protection and plenty of slide N glide.
I was left as smooth as I like to be and finnished off with the wonderful BBA psb. A good spray of the Molecule 01 and I was good to go :)

Have a great weekend people........:)

Last edited:
Saturday morning;

IMG_4714.png

Mounting the RR Hawk atop the Maggard MR17 handle gave a fair bit more heft and some definite positive balance - the weight was in the handle and away from the head so manoeuvrability was certainly improved. Loaded with a feather pro on its third outing and cushioned with TSS Acqua Di Florida soap, lathered well with my 26mm best badger.

The feather felt a little dull to me today, though it still made a good job of most parts of my neck. I decided foolishly to trial some slight against the grain touch ups which, to little surprise, resulted in a couple of blood spots/weepers. These were almost entirely remedied by some witch hazel following a post-shave cold shower. Followed up with a dab or 9 of Al Rehab Silver. I'm marginally sore in places but nothing to shout home about. 99% smooth and ready for some sun.

Saturday

Real Shaving Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
MWF Soap
Vulfix 2234 Super badger brush
Cobra Classic loaded with a Feather Super Pro (#5)
Alum Block
Aloe Vera Gel
Boots Lavender Water

A really good 2 pass shave. I revisited one of my Vulfix brushes from a few years back. A different experience as the 2234 does
not have the backbone found in most of todays brushes

S.O.T.D -
Pre - Hot Water Towel to The Face
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable 1962 H3
Blade - Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless
Brush - Semogue 1470
Soap - Tabac
Post - Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion
149769772365931[1].jpg
not much to take of today after yesterdays shave just a quick 2 pass with the Gillette slim set to 3 was enjoyable with the stones playing while I shaved :D

Back
Top Bottom