S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th December to Friday 23rd December 2016

SOTD: 17th December 2016.
A.Sat shave.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: warm shower:/ Asda Jasmine & sandalwood shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Muhle R41.

Blade: Rapira Super Stainless .(new)

Brush: Semogue 830 .

Cream: Derby Lavender. + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel A/S.

Nivea Men Creme.

A new set up to start the weekend..my R41 is fast becoming one of my favourite razor in my razor rotation,another wonderful blade & razor duo, providing me with a 3 pass+pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. The Grey flannel finished the shave off wonderfully,feeling refreshed and ready for what saturday has to offer.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.;)

Last edited:
Greetings

Saturday 17th December 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Unbranded French
Blade: Heljestrand
Brush: Tuxedo Knot Vie Long Handle
Soap: T.O.B.S. Luxury Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Chanel Cristalle

My first use of this shaving stick and I am finding it difficult to see what is 'Luxurious' about it. It is (IMHO) a decent ordinary every day veggie glycerine based soap (stick) slightly inferior in all departments to La Toja another veggie stick at a fraction of the price and substantially inferior to a humble Palmolive stick costing tuppence ha'penny! Ah well... it was worth a try and I will certainly use it all.

Regards
Dick.

17.12.16.JPG

4a8dbdcb97604543b4ce0b73ad44402f.jpg

SOC 2 band
CB LTV
Cobra Classic
Feather Pro
Fine American Blend AS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat 17th Dec

Vulfix 404 mixed
Tabac stick
ES Claymore S/S Single Edge
Kai Captain Mild [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tabac Stick

By concentrating on good and consistent Shaving Technique, over the last 2 weeks have had great shaves with a variety of vintage SE/injector razors.

Today returned to a modern SE S/S injector Razor- the Claymore. The Razor/ Blade combination works well for me
as I had the Smoothest and most Comfortable shave, with no mishaps or post shave irritation. Most importantly
the Shave was very close, and reached parts that other razors do not do well - the neck areas have never been so smooth. Hope that for other Shavers, the revised version of this UK Razor will come to market.

IMG_1061.jpg

Sat 17th Dec

Vulfix 404 mixed
Tabac stick
ES Claymore S/S Single Edge
Kai Captain Mild [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tabac Stick

By concentrating on good and consistent Shaving Technique, over the last 2 weeks have had great shaves with a variety of vintage SE/injector razors.

Today returned to a modern SE S/S injector Razor- the Claymore. The Razor/ Blade combination works well for me
as I had the Smoothest and most Comfortable shave, with no mishaps or post shave irritation. Most importantly
the Shave was very close, and reached parts that other razors do not do well - the neck areas have never been so smooth. Hope that for other Shavers, the revised version of this UK Razor will come to market.

View attachment 22695

I'm on the waiting list for the new Claymore and can only hope that it will give me as good a shave as you are getting with the original.

Regards, Pat :)

December 17, 2016
ATT Calypso R1
Feather
Zenith B02 Boar
Nuavia Blu
Witch Hazel

An excellent start to the weekend with a great shave. The Zenith Boar whipped up a mountain of rich lather with the wonderful scent filling the room. I went with a traditional 3 pass shave, WTG, XTG & ATG, followed by minimal touch ups. This ended with a my usual near BBS. I didn't feel the need to chase the baby so I let that one trouble spot on my neck go free for the day. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom