S.O.T.D Saturday 14th October - Friday 20th October 2017

Pre: Shower
Razor: Star 1912
Blade: GEM
Soap: GospodAn Pachuli (a local soapmaker's first advanture in shaving soaps, quite good result)
Brush: Stirling Sythetic 24mm

Enjoy the weekend gents!
cc51cbd4042d936d85222d861e163a83.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

~ Shave of the Day - 14.10.2017 ~

Pre - Shower / Faith in Nature Orange Soap / Hot Towel

Razor - Qshave Adjustable (1) with (2) across (2) against (2) pickups

Blade - Voskhod Teflon Coated (2)

Brush - YaQi 24mm Tuxedo

Soap - OSP Orange Patchouli

Post - Hot & Cold Water Rinse / Fine L'Orange Noir Aftershave
150796665012623[1].jpg
another real close shave this morning first time using the orange patchouli soap it preformed great excellent lather but the scent was horrible must be the patchouli made me feel a bit sick :( iv tried other OSP soaps barber shop and neroli and they were fine but this ones not for me , anyway everything else I used worked great the voskhod blade felt smooth in the Qshave and these YaQi brushes are excellent , to keep the orange theme going I finished my shave of with the fine l'orange noir aftershave definitely one of my favorites ... hope you all have a good day :) ...

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Maseto 24mm ST
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur 41C
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum plus
IMG_20171014_084306.jpg

On less than 20 hours growth, all that was required was the mild efficiency of the 1904.
Ah well, my sandalwood week has come to an end.
Have a great weekend everyone.

SOTD: 14th October 2017.
A1.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.
Brush: Chinese Horsehair .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Derby Lavender .

Blade: treet ~ Carbon Steel . (1)

Razor: Merkur 39C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lavender+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender A/S.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Benneton ~ Essence of Man. EDT.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend, I've have a look in my shaving den at shaving items i haven't been giving much attention too, over the last few months and added them to today's shaving setup.

The Merkur 37C/Treet carbon blade worked really well together, i'm amazed that i havent used the Treet carbon blades more often,probably because i've read some biased opinion on them and stuck to using Stainless steel blades, a blade that's well matched with my slant razors...very smooth & sharp.

A wonderful 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender A/S, & Benetton ~ Essence of Man EDT. both products worked together very nicely.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave oil.
PAA CaD.
YaQi 28mm Synth Tuxedo.
Little Wren Pottery.
Cobra (on loan).
Schick Proline P-30 (1).
Fine American Blend Aftershave.
BBA Post Shave Balm.
YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

My goodness, believe the hype! The Cobra is on loan from the remarkably generous Iain aka @Digimonkey. My only decision this morning was choosing which blade to go with after the wide selection of blades sent to me by the equally generous @Acer89. A sublime 2 pass shave was had. So smooth, and so very close, without the slightest touch of irritation. Thanks also to @Boru62 and @Wayne Pritchard for their considered advice. At this point I should also thank my manager, my agent, my stylist.........Have a great weekend gents.

Sat 14th October.

Stirling Syn. 26mm
MWF
ER 1914 - 12tooth *
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Concluded my Vintage SE shaves of the last few days with an ER 1914. Was quite different to yesterdays with a "Streamline", as quite small. Surprising that despite liking longer handles, it
does not feel odd to grip it near the head whilst shaving feels quite natural in fact.

It for me sounds quite noisy during a Shave,and it seems to take a bit more time to get that
close all round Shave. However, today as usual I did without mishap or post shave problems
attain a good close all round finish.

* This late 1914 model has 12 teeth and benefits from more pronounced blade stops, and the handle is smooth hexagonal with fluting which assists the grip.

IMG_0018.jpg

View attachment 30007 ~SOTD~ Saturday 14th October

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1912
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ SV Cosmo
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Brush ~ Semouge OC Badger
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Tom Ford ~ Amber Absoloute oil from Mr Perfume

Have a great weekend people.....:)
Great Pic Paul and I am loving the 1912 handle you have there. :)

Saturday 14th October

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
P&B Obsidian Soap
Yaqi Tuxedo Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Fatip Piccolo Razor with a Gillette 7o'clock yellow
Alum Block and Rinse
Unrefined Shea Butter
Old Spice Noir AS

The P&B Obsidian had a beautiful scent with a slick protective lather. Three passes for a fantistic BBS shave.

Molecule 04 Javanol to be added before I go to work tonight

Back
Top Bottom